Inliners International
Ive got a 51 6400 with a dump bed. I want to install a dual master with the booster in front of it. i can
make a bracket and hook up the pedal but i think im gonna have clearance problems with the pto on the tranny so what are some other options. dual m/c with
2 hydrovacs. somebody help me here. thanks
Could you move the master cylinder aft of the PTO and have clearance? Most of the old servos that I recall were back under the seat.
One option would be to install a swing pedal setup and put the master cyl and booster on the firewall. Clutters things up a bit but pretty easy to do.

Gael
I have seen remote mount brake boosters offered from several vendors, but they are around $300 I believe.
hello flatbed...Lee here in Franklin....you may try the Internet site....

www.classicperform.com

they have lots of "stuff" for these trucks and may have something that could work for you..I have 1 of their catalogs and looking at it now....

Lee
I have seen a number of foreign cars in the local junk yard that have vacuum assisted dual master cylinders mounted on the passenger side of the engine compartment fire-wall.

The clutch and brake peddles swing from a horizontal bar which rotates on two bearings mounted on each side of the fire-wall under the dash. The brake peddle motion rotates the bar which activates the vacuum booster and dual master-cylinder mounted on the passenger side of the engine compartment.

The beauty of this is system is that it frees up room under the floor-board and leaves the driver side of the engine compartment clear for such things as intake and exhaust manifolds on 6 cylinder engines.

I am thinking of trying this on my 40 chevy but have not had the time.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board