Inliners International
Posted By: 73super New wheel cylinders for '49 - '50 Chevy? - 02/05/07 05:02 PM
Anybody have any idea where one could go for NEW '49-'50 Chevy (car) wheel cyliners? Seem to be a rarity.. isn't anybody producing new ones?

Thx.
Posted By: Cosmo Re: New wheel cylinders for '49 - '50 Chevy? - 02/05/07 10:12 PM
You could have your set resleeved with brass inserts and the owner after you won't have to worry about them, brake fluid is hydrophilic (strong affinity for water); master cylinder too while you're at it. I had my MC done 8 years ago and I took it apart this past summer to do a good flush and satisfy my curiousity, looked almost like new.
u can try chevys of the 40's
Posted By: aa-fuel Re: New wheel cylinders for '49 - '50 Chevy? - 02/06/07 03:52 PM
I just bought 2 from the local bumper to bumper auto parts store.
Yea, Chevys of the 40s has them.
Posted By: tom c Re: New wheel cylinders for '49 - '50 Chevy? - 03/01/07 12:15 AM
I've had several 50 & earlier Chevys & always swapped on 51-54 brakes . It requires everything from the spindle "out" , meaning the backing plates, cylinders, shoes, hardware , & drums. The 51 & up Bendix brakes are a big improvement over the earlier Huck system. A lot of hot-rodders are swapping Mustang front suspensions under old Chevys , so the suspensions they are replacing are around if you look.
Posted By: leaded Re: New wheel cylinders for '49 - '50 Chevy? - 09/13/07 05:46 AM
On a -50 some years ago i changed wheelcyls to Chevy Van rear w.cyl. Some adjustment on fastening(drilled holes,spacing) Used original adjusterwheels after minor grind on outside wheelcyl.
Problem was getting a transfer between original brakehoses and cylinder.
But brakes went really good, and the wheelcyls cost only $8.50 each instead of nearly $80 bucks
© Inliners International Bulletin Board