Inliners International
Posted By: 52er T-5 WC clarification - 10/23/09 11:26 AM
82 to 88 are the WC years with the Muncie bolt pattern and mechanical speedo? Were any of the 14 spline WC and what ratios did they have and what years and make would these have come from---reason---want a WC for the better ratios.........Thanks Lee
Posted By: g.m. dude Re: T-5 WC clarification - 10/23/09 12:48 PM
Go to the tech tips tab on the l.h. side of page, click on T5 tab. should answer most if not all of your questions.
bc
Posted By: gearhead Re: T-5 WC clarification - 10/23/09 03:52 PM
There are plenty of places that list what the different T5's are. Please look at one carefully.

Good gear ratios were available in both NWC and WC, look at the list...

Camaros started using the WC version in '88.

S10 started in '93.

They started using the Ford pattern in '93 on everything, as far as I know. I think they started using it earlier than that in Astro vans, but not sure.

83-87ish is where you will find the S10 versions with mechanical speedo, but not all are, so you need to put your eyeballs on one before you buy it. Same for Astro vans.

Basic rule for T5's,
Always see it before you buy it, and know what you're looking for, ie bolt pattern, speedo type,shifter position...
Posted By: Heater63 Re: T-5 WC clarification - 10/26/09 01:55 AM
Good info from Gearhead. There were a million T5's with hundreds of variations. Do your research.
I think the jeep version even used a bellhousing that allows you to use the GM T5 with Ford pattern with the SBC/BBC/I6. Saw one in the Dallas craigslist not long ago.
I have 2 T5s that I need to post in the classifieds. A WC out of a Camaro with the Ford pattern, and a NWC out of a S10. I was going to run them behind my 292, but have decided not to after all.
Posted By: 63ChevyII Re: T-5 WC clarification - 10/27/09 04:15 PM
 Originally Posted By: Heater63

I have 2 T5s that I need to post in the classifieds. A WC out of a Camaro with the Ford pattern, and a NWC out of a S10. I was going to run them behind my 292, but have decided not to after all.

I have one too, not sure what I'll do with it. It's a WC out of '88 firebird, with an s-10 mechanical tailshaft - it's rebuilt and has never been run.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board