Inliners International
Posted By: T5help! T5 help! - 03/01/12 09:45 PM
I installed a T5 behind a 292 inline six. I can't adjust the clutch out far enough for it to work. I can start it up, push in the and try to put it n gear. I can feel the tranny tryng to kick in. I can put it n gear, start t up and it wants to go. IT's lke the throw out bearing or clutch is not engaging enough. Any thoughts out there??
Posted By: jalopy45 #4899 Re: T5 help! - 03/02/12 01:03 AM
The bearing retainer on the front of the transmisssion my be interfering with the throwout bearing, do some searches in this section on T-5's to see if you removed enough, maybe splines binding on the clutch disc or disc in backwards (I don't want to explain) can also cause a similar problem,
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: T5 help! - 03/02/12 03:12 PM
There is a 3/8" length difference in the T5 and standard Chevy trannys input shaft. There is also a long and short throw out bearing. I don't know if this is part of your problem or not,
Posted By: Al Re: T5 help! - 03/05/12 09:05 PM
The release bearing may be installed in correctly. Check out this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4e8P0fFltk
Posted By: Joe Dial I.I.#1679 Re: T5 help! - 03/06/12 03:18 PM
The grooves on the input shaft may need to be lenthened towards the body of the tranny. They may be holding the disc against the flywheel. I ran into this on mine. You can do this with a small grinder. Joe
Posted By: radar Re: T5 help! - 03/08/12 11:57 PM
It seems like the throw out bearing is not moving forward enough to disengage the clutch from the clutch plate. You can buy different width throw out bearings from Chevy parts departments. A slightly thicker throw out bearing may do the trick, as long as there is sufficient room at the rear of the bearing collar to fully engauge the clutch.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board