Inliners International
Posted By: straight axle 63 IDF intake manifild - 10/18/16 12:57 PM
I'n in a CAD program in school, this got me thinking about designing a twin IFD carb intake, with the carbs centered in-between the runners, like what the Clifford system, only with IDF carbs. Would this be something for me to try and work on or leave it alone? The othet thought that goes with this is a intake shaped like the OFFY (kinda boxy) but with a removable top that can have different carb set ups, say one, two or three carbs tops that can interchange, kinda like what a tunnel ram top does. Hard to explain with out any pics. Am I way off base???
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: IDF intake manifild - 10/18/16 03:08 PM
There is already an IDF style intake available, so it shouldn't be a problem with your idea.
Posted By: straight axle 63 Re: IDF intake manifild - 10/19/16 12:05 PM
Where would I find one? I tried to google it and only really found a three carb IR intake, really cool, not real expensive either. Would two IDF carbs be enough?
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: IDF intake manifild - 10/19/16 04:55 PM
Not sure what you consider expensive, but these are about $349 plus shipping.

Posted By: straight axle 63 Re: IDF intake manifild - 10/20/16 03:19 PM
That is exactly what I want. I tried to google it and could nit find it. Where do you get them? What size of carb would you use for them?
Posted By: mdonohue05 Re: IDF intake manifild - 10/20/16 04:30 PM
Have you given any though to using a pair of 38mm dgev webers? They run pretty well without a lot of tinkering.
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: IDF intake manifild - 10/20/16 05:02 PM
Originally Posted By: straight axle 63
That is exactly what I want. I tried to google it and could nit find it. Where do you get them? What size of carb would you use for them?

40MM's would be a starting point on a stock to mild engine.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board