Inliners International
Posted By: '68OrangeSunshine Late L6 Fuel Pump Block-Off Plate - 02/14/18 11:44 PM
Does anyone know if the Fuel Pump Block-Off Plate is the same on a Chevy Big Block as an L6 250/292? They look real similar.
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: Late L6 Fuel Pump Block-Off Plate - 02/14/18 11:47 PM
Never tried that one. Have used SBC plates with success. The barely cover, but do get it done.
Hi Tom: The BBC cover has 2 bolt holes and is a squat diamond like the L6, but the SBC cover is more of a ''homeplate'' and has 4 bolt holes.
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: Late L6 Fuel Pump Block-Off Plate - 02/15/18 12:20 AM
You are correct, but they also make just a FP blockoff diamond shaped one for SBC. Bet the SBC and BBC use the same one.
Hmm. Could be, haven't seen that one. The small block has that troublesome 4-5'' pump push rod, that you have to stick in with a wad of grease, and it usually slips out and hits your nose, anyway. The peak + rectangle shape is to accomodate that. Not like a civilized L6 that has an actuating arm going directly to the cam. I can't recall the big block. My 454 in a '67 K/10 Suburban blew up 19 years ago. [Thinking of ressurecting that beast w/ a torbo'd 292.]
Jegs and Summit list pics w/ 4-holes for SBC and 2 holes for BBC. Of course, If you have a sharpie pen, a fuel pump gasket, and some a/c skin, you could fab your own.
Posted By: jrinaman Re: Late L6 Fuel Pump Block-Off Plate - 02/15/18 01:37 AM
they take the same gasket so I would assume it is the same. I just made one from 1/8" plate and borrowed a gasket from a 350 set I bought a couple decades ago.
Cool. Thanks.
Posted By: will6er Re: Late L6 Fuel Pump Block-Off Plate - 02/15/18 11:06 PM
mrhotrod6.com has a CNC block off plate for inlines

Will Willis
© Inliners International Bulletin Board