Inliners International
Posted By: Rob Larner 12 port head - 12/22/05 12:18 AM
Quick question, are wayne and kirby sissell the only two companies that manufacture a 12 port chevy head. I am planning a new engine project and am interested in a cross flow type head
Any help would be great
thanks
Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank Re: 12 port head - 12/22/05 12:25 AM
Deppe engineering sells them?
Has the older less flowing port design though.
Very big $$$$$$$$$.
What engine are you planning on building?
I would go w/Sissell.
Good luck!
Posted By: Rob Larner Re: 12 port head - 12/22/05 12:34 AM
I was thinking along the lines of a fuel injected turboed 292. Installed in a 1960 Chevy short box with a T-56 six speed for fun.
Posted By: Rob Larner Re: 12 port head - 12/22/05 01:09 AM
does deppe have a website? I have taken a look but nothing has come up through my search.
Thanks
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: 12 port head - 12/22/05 09:40 AM
No he doesn't and There is No Cross flow head for Our Chevy L6s Only way to do that is to Cut and weld the V8 heads. And there is alot more work then just that to run the v8 heads. Take a Look at Leo's ride and Machine work at.
http://www.customdesignperformance.com/
Posted By: Mean buzzen half dozen A.K.A. Hank Re: 12 port head - 12/22/05 03:52 PM
Mighty 6 has the Sissell head on his truck.
Lets see what his truck can do w/this new setup he has. I'm sure you will think twice about needing a cross flow head.
Posted By: Rob Larner Re: 12 port head - 12/22/05 09:15 PM
Thanks for the info, the only reason I was looking for a cross flow head was a space issue in the engine bay. I am thinking of intercooling this engine and the last one I built had no intercooler ans wsa really tight on space.
Posted By: IGOR Re: 12 port head - 12/23/05 12:42 AM
A cross flow head offers heat advantages only. In the pure interest of flow, same side ports do not have the push-rods in the way.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board