Inliners International
Posted By: Ted65Mali Barry Grant Carb - 03/30/07 11:39 PM
\:D Anyone out there ever ponder the idea of using the insane Barry Grant ("The Badman")inline 4bbl carb? I'm curious how this would work for us as it is tunable from 500cfm to 1000cfm. Obviously an intake would have to be fabbed up, given what I've seen so far, we definitly have the talent amongst us inliners to do. Really would put a new meaning to "keeping it inline"! What does everyone think?

-Ted
Posted By: '68OrangeSunshine Re: Barry Grant Carb - 03/31/07 04:22 AM
I had the same thought. Would be a drag if the primaries were on one end and the secondaries on the other.
The price tag popped the bubble of that pipe dream however.
Posted By: seiscanecos74 Re: Barry Grant Carb - 03/31/07 05:44 AM
There's a nutz in Brazil who used a 1100 cfm BG on a 250. But it was turbocharged.
Here is the sample:
http://www.degreas.com.br/dragrace/opala/170803_16.jpg
and for more pics:
http://www.degreas.com.br/dragrace/opala/galeria.htm
Posted By: Dennis Re: Barry Grant Carb - 03/31/07 10:21 AM
Hi, seiscanecos,

My first thought was, "Yeah, but I'll bet it won't get very good fuel mileage!" (Something my dad always said, back in the '50s, when I was talking about modifying an engine)

That is an impressive vehicle with impressive work done to it!

What are the times and speeds reached with the car? I would love to see it race!
Posted By: Drew, II # 4211 Re: Barry Grant Carb - 03/31/07 12:33 PM
Man,is any 6 capable of drawing that much cfm without a turbo?I imagine hearing explosions out the bottom end!!! \:D
Posted By: Douglas Carbonera Re: Barry Grant Carb - 03/31/07 03:23 PM
Dennis!

I have some videos of this cars, including an insane onboard video. If your e-mail accept large files, I can send it to you.

This car is not running anymore, but all the engine/transmission stuff is running on a Dragster right now.
The best ET times for this car is 8.5s on 1/4 mile, and the dragster is running about 7.5s on 1/4 mile.

Here some pics of the dragster with the white car engine...

Posted By: inline300 Re: Barry Grant Carb - 03/31/07 03:40 PM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Drew, II # 4211:
Man,is any 6 capable of drawing that much cfm without a turbo?I imagine hearing explosions out the bottom end!!! \:D
Ask twisted6 that question. \:\)

I'll give barry grant credit, hes not afraid to think out of the box and produce something interesting, just not sure how he justifies the price tag though, guess its simply not a product that targets someone like me. \:\)
© Inliners International Bulletin Board