Inliners International
Posted By: salt racer 584 Pontiac OHC six - 12/21/07 08:19 PM
I have two overhead cam Pontiac six cylinder engines, both 230 cid. One is the low compression engine with the single carb. The other is the higher compression engine with a 4-barrel and dual exhaust. Can anyone tell me how to put in a 292 Chevy crank, or tell me who to contact about how to do that?
Posted By: elm2627 Re: Pontiac OHC six - 12/21/07 09:55 PM
Check these guys out
http://primatechmotorsports.com/
Posted By: Dennis Re: Pontiac OHC six - 12/21/07 10:57 PM
Tom Langdon, the past Inliners president, is a wizard with these engines. You can reach him on the Internet at Stovebolt Engine Company.
Posted By: jimmy six #35 Re: Pontiac OHC six - 12/27/07 01:47 PM
I had one of these CHC's with the 292 crank in my LSR roadster a few years back. An SCTA member Vic Enyart and I were partners may still have the engine. It was a 303 inch and ran in the "D" class. He figured out a lot of stuff with the cam and rockers the worked better than the stock stuff Eddie Meyer had used when it was in a race boat. I can get you a contact number in So Cal if you want..Good Luck..JD
Posted By: salt racer 584 Re: Pontiac OHC six - 12/27/07 08:49 PM
JD; Yes, that would be good if I can get a number. I'm in Wyoming but will be going to SoCal in about a month. I remember the Eddie Meyer race boat engine, but I never got any details. We run a 427 Camaro as our LSR car. This engine will be for a '46 pickup for street and occasional drags. Thanks, Dale.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board