Inliners International
Posted By: THOR58 cam - 03/07/08 12:38 AM
Hello,I am getting ready to build my second 292,I need to find a good cam man,the last cam grinder i used was bill [ the wizard ]and in all the cams i bought i never got a bad one from him.need to find someone as good as he was.thanks larry
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: cam - 03/07/08 04:10 AM
do you have the specks you want the cam yo be?
Posted By: THOR58 Re: cam - 03/09/08 04:51 PM
Not yet,Just need to find a new cam man,as i buy appx. 20 cams a year.thanks larry
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: cam - 03/09/08 07:03 PM
THOR58

I sent you a privite message in regaurds to that issue.
Posted By: Nexxussian Re: cam - 03/09/08 09:41 PM
Don't know if you have found a solution closer, but every time I ask about a GMC or 235/261 cam I get told to talk to Delta Cam in Tacoma WA. I have not had dealings with them, yet.
Posted By: $UM FUN Re: cam - 03/09/08 11:32 PM
One of the best in the business is Dema Elgin, of Elgin cams. He learned the cam business from the godfather of cams Ed Winfield. Elgin cams have been on everything from Indy cars, NASACR, F1 and just about every other type of car. Yes even model T. He has all of Ed Winfield’s masters for the model T.

He built me a special cam for my Jimmy taking into count the bad cam twist the 302 has at high RPM. I know this year it should make lots of HP at Bonneville. I am not trying to be a salesman for Elgin cams but when you consider that your top three car companies use them and that he built a cam for Kenny Cloth’s ’49 Merc Stock bodied sedan with a flathead get to a 140MPH record at Bonneville you might want to take a look at them, Oh, I forgot to mention that he is very reasonable. http://www.elgincams.com
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: cam - 03/10/08 05:35 PM
I didn't see anything in their site for our chevy L6s But it did make for some interesting reading/Info
Posted By: Ron Golden Re: cam - 03/10/08 09:48 PM
I agree with Sum Fun. I talked to Dema about the cam requirements for the 321 GMC I'm building and was very impressed with the personal response I received. I mailed the blank cam, 12 used and 12 new lifters to him this morning. He'll not only grind the cam but will test the lifters for hardness and make sure they have the correct radius on the contact surface.

I do all the dyno testing and tuning at a local performance machine shop and have access to several cam companies. I'm sure I'll use him a lot in the future.

Ron
Posted By: THOR58 Re: cam - 03/11/08 10:08 PM
Thanks for all the info guys;;; Ron i see you are in kc. I am in platte city, thanks larry
© Inliners International Bulletin Board