Inliners International
Posted By: Fatfender48 Mallory Dual Point for Flathead 6 - 12/31/08 03:54 AM
Does anyone know where I can get parts for a Mallory Magspark dual point distributor that I have for my 217 Plymouth 6 Cyl flathead. I need a Cap, Rotor, Condenser, Points and plug wires.

Dist is a Mallory, Model: YCM, Type: 201 D HD3 or HDS (hard to read)
Posted By: stock49 Re: Mallory Dual Point for Flathead 6 - 12/31/08 01:19 PM
Greetings . . .

This topic has come up over on the Hokey board at jalopyjournal.com Some of the posts include reference to a site on geocities: Vintage Ignition

I personally don't know anything about these guys - so all I can offer is a lead . . .

regards,
stock49
Posted By: gearhead Re: Mallory Dual Point for Flathead 6 - 12/31/08 02:35 PM

Mallorys can be converted to electronic ignition, which would save you time and money later on with the points, etc...

http://fototime.com/ftweb/bin/ft.dll/pic...6-07CBA614E6B4}

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showt...rsion&showall=1
Posted By: jalopy45 #4899 Re: Mallory Dual Point for Flathead 6 - 01/01/09 12:34 PM
If your not in a big hurry, I probably have the items at home. I drive a truck and it may be 4 or 5 weeks before I can check.
Posted By: Wagoneer Re: Mallory Dual Point for Flathead 6 - 01/03/09 04:41 PM
Plug wires should be easy enough to come by. I don't think Mallory caps use any special kind of plug wires. You might think about looking at Pertronix for a conversion kit. They make electronic ignition conversions for just about anything and everthing you can imagine,including farm tractor ignitions, and they do make conversion kits for Mallory distributors. As far as the rest of the parts, I know it sounds obvious, but try checking with Mallory and see what they have in the way of caps, rotors, etc.
Posted By: gearhead Re: Mallory Dual Point for Flathead 6 - 01/04/09 05:36 PM
Plug wires aren't special, but the caps will only take a certain diameter.

2 piece caps are no longer made.

Some rotors and points are still available.

There are no conversion kits for the older Mallorys. You have to make your own, or pay someone to do it for you, as I've referenced earlier...

Mallory makes Unilite conversions for some of the later models.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board