Inliners International
Posted By: Coupe38 Where to buy HiPo Cam for 235-261 Chevys? - 04/08/09 09:07 PM
Anybody out there know of anyone who sells a performance cam for a 235-261 that doesn't cost a arm and a leg? TRW used to make a decent 3/4 cam back in the late 60's that was down right cheap. Anything like that still out there today? Anyone got any old TRW stock?
I think the days of "cheap" in general are over.
http://www.patricksantiquecars.com/ 140 bucks
Hi Drew! Thanks for the info! $140 is definitely more like it. Thanks again! Dan
Delta Cams can regrind one fairly cheap, so I've been told...
check with Tom Langdon @ stoveboltengineco.com
I had one reground for my 261 project late last year, and I think it was less than 100 bucks, very nice people, I had to ship my cam to them though, it was like 12 dollars. The were extremely helpful and no BS either, mine was reground to 270 degrees-its a mechanical cam, with about .455 at the intake valve, and .470 at the exhaust, different lifts but same duration on both intake and exhaust, I talked to a guy named Steve I think, very nice guy, he talked on the phone with me shooting the stuff for like 15 minutes, they also have a website you could look at and see what they do there.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board