Inliners International
Posted By: Handyman Mac help needed to hook up 2x1 linkage - 07/21/09 11:15 AM
Need help hooking up linear motion to rotational to get this carb set up to work. Any pictures if you've done it?

Thanks, Mac
I haven't done it. I think the choices are either a bellcrank or a cable. The several vendors that do cables, Lokar comes to mind for one.

LG
Posted By: Handyman Mac Re: help needed to hook up 2x1 linkage - 07/23/09 09:47 AM
I have a bell crank on the way. if that wont work I'll try a cable.

Mac
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: help needed to hook up 2x1 linkage - 07/23/09 08:02 PM
Handtman Those carb plates can be turned.And with the carbs being mounted in the center of the runners. It realy will not matter which way the carbs sit. Which in turn will help simplify
linkage hook-up.And you may not need all that other linkage.??When i had the dual 4s on my clifford I had the carbs inline and
i had a rod to both carbs and pretty much the stock rod from the
gas pedal to one carb.
Posted By: Handyman Mac Re: help needed to hook up 2x1 linkage - 07/24/09 04:52 PM
Larry

I thought of that as well after a sleepless night. I have a bell crank and a cable coming in this weekend. I have rotated the carbs and I'm sure I will have it up an running soon. It helps to think outside the box. As dad used to say... you need to be smarter than the part you're working on!

Mac
© Inliners International Bulletin Board