Inliners International
Posted By: Bonehead Brazilian intake - 11/24/09 02:23 PM
Does anyone have a source as how to get thoses Brazilian intakes, I would be interested in a 3x2 heated if the cost is not crazy.

Thanks

Mike
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: Brazilian intake - 11/24/09 02:29 PM
Most all the Brazilian intakes I have seen are for Webers, which one are you talking about. Do you have any pics of it.
Posted By: Bonehead Re: Brazilian intake - 11/24/09 04:14 PM
I have no pics, but I though that I had seen a 3x2 heated, and it took 2Gs carbs.
Posted By: Winter Re: Brazilian intake - 11/24/09 05:33 PM
Mr. Hotrod6 (Mike), at Ravenswood in Florida sometimes may carry them.

http://www.goravenswood.com/links.htm
Select engine, then entre
Posted By: russk Re: Brazilian intake - 11/24/09 06:17 PM
Bonehead:

You can go directly to the "Engine Racing" web site (Brazil) via the following web address:

http://www.engineracing.com.br/

They seem to have the 3x2 intakes you're looking for (and other interesting "inline" stuff as well). Hope your Spanish is better than mine . . .

Russ
Posted By: russk Re: Brazilian intake - 11/24/09 06:29 PM
Bonehead:

PS:

I checked the current exchange rate and as of today, it's .576203 US dollars for every [one] Brazil Reais [R$]. So, for example, the tripple side draft weber manifold is priced at something like R$ 578.00 and that translates to $333.05 US. Of course you'd have to find out about shipping, import/export fees, taxes and such to determine the real "delivered" cost but at least you can get to a basic product price in US dollars.

Hope this helps.

Russ
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: Brazilian intake - 11/24/09 06:57 PM
They speak Portuguese in Brazil, similar to Spanish, but is like a combo of Italian and Spanish. I had forgotten about Danilo's website that has the intakes for the American carbs. But, yes the duties and shipping and all the Customs red tape hardly makes them appealling.
Posted By: russk Re: Brazilian intake - 11/24/09 07:48 PM
CNC-Dude:

Good grief! I knew the language of Brazil is Portuguese. Don't know what I was thinking but no wonder I thought my "Spanish" was not so good.

Russ
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: Brazilian intake - 11/24/09 09:00 PM
Yeah, it kinda' throws you a curve when you first see it in written form, you think, ok this is Spanish, and start hunting for any common Spanish words you might know...and can't find any :D.
Posted By: Bonehead Re: Brazilian intake - 11/25/09 09:36 AM
Thanks for all your help guys. I need to find a interpreter, theres a new girl that has just started in the office and she is from Brazili, I think that I should buy her a coffee.
Posted By: chopped 40 Re: Brazilian intake - 11/25/09 10:26 AM
Guys,
On the top of the Brazilian website, there is a "Translate" button.
That makes it easy!
Posted By: russk Re: Brazilian intake - 11/25/09 06:43 PM
Chopped 40:

I don't see a "translate" button on the view of the web page[s] I get. I suspect it's a browser-specific or [down] version issue on my part. Probably need to rev my OS and then my browser[s] to get more current. Even with a Mac, that's never a fun project.

Russ
Posted By: 53chevy Re: Brazilian intake - 11/25/09 07:46 PM
chop chop
Good to see you again!
luke
Posted By: Edy Re: Brazilian intake - 11/26/09 10:28 AM
OK guys! i live in .br, how can i help you????

Edy
Posted By: seiscanecos74 Re: Brazilian intake - 11/26/09 01:21 PM
Bonehead says
"I have no pics, but I though that I had seen a 3x2 heated, and it took 2Gs carbs."

It may be this the one you´re looking for:
http://www.engineracing.com.br/coletor%2...aquecimento.htm

It is a 3x2 waterheated intake and it´s suitable to use a carb called here DFV. If the "2G" you´re talking about is the Rochester that came on Chevys like Chevelle, Camaro is the same bolt pattern.
I know because I once used a 2G (from a 307 Chevelle) in my Opala on the top of a DFV stock intake. So as the bolt pattern won´t be a problem you can buy it without any worries. The main concern is about the shipping costs.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board