Inliners International
Posted By: photwenny Lump Ports + Epoxy - 07/10/11 09:15 PM
Installing lump ports in my head. I finished removing and smoothing the old boss areas top and bottom and the lumps fit pretty nicely, however there is still a slight ridge/gap right at the short turn where the lump sits on the head. the lump is flush with the head every where I can see. I have read the threads on epoxy to finish, wondering if it's necessary. tlowe doesn't mention it in his video, so I am guessing it will work fine the way it is. Looking for other peoples experiences.
Posted By: strokersix Re: Lump Ports + Epoxy - 07/10/11 09:56 PM
I did not use epoxy on mine.

Posted By: The Addict Re: Lump Ports + Epoxy - 07/11/11 03:11 AM
Newbie question,

What's the reason for the aluminum plate and four Allen head bolts? Is it temporary?

These "lumps" interest me since I've not seen them before but I understand their purpose.
Posted By: Nexxussian Re: Lump Ports + Epoxy - 07/11/11 04:22 AM
I'd like to know as well, first time I've seen the extra plate, are you running lots of boost or something?
Posted By: strokersix Re: Lump Ports + Epoxy - 07/11/11 09:09 AM
My lumps are tapered into the intake manifold for constant cross sectional area. The stainless steel scab plate holds the lump in place instead of using a cap screw up from below. I thought it a more robust method but probably doesn't make any difference.

© Inliners International Bulletin Board