Inliners International
Through the efforts of our club member Walt Pearce, # 467, new high performance Harmonic Dampers are now available for the 194-230-250-292 late model Chevy engines.

They are a direct replacement for these engines with the pulley grooves in the stock location. Fisher used to make this type of replacement damper, but went out of business years ago. This is not a modified V8 damper, but one made specifically for the late model Chevy 6's.

The dampers can be purchased with or without SFI certification. They are also available in a lightweight aluminum version.

Walt Pearce is the sole distributor for these harmonic dampers. They are made by BHJ Dynamics. Call or contact Walt for prices and more info. Walt is in Washington and his number is: (509) 449-1600.

Look for an article about them in an upcoming 12 Port News.

https://picasaweb.google.com/10170140108...feat=directlink
I like to see quality work like that, even the timing marks look great.
Looks like a nice damper.
Appears to have the V-belt spacing of the later model dampers? 1975 or so & newer?

MBHD
Anybody know the price of this piece?
You should call Walt and check, but when I talked to him on Sep 29th, he said he was trying to keep it at around $400, plus or minus, with a discount for Inliner members.
Walt,

long time no hear, hope all is well.

Just wondering if there is the ability to modify these to suit an early motor?

Cheers

Mark
Hi Mark - Working on anything new on the historian front?

As far as modifying this new damper for early engines, you don't have to. BHJ Dynamics already makes a high performance damper for the 235/261. Check them out at:

http://www.bhjdynamics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2_35&products_id=39

You can buy that damper directly from BHJ Dynamics.
I have a feeling a fellow inliner was responsible for the R&D on this damper.

BTW Walt - I have a few more articles in the works from a 12 port perspective. A few more 12 ports have benn unearthed.
 Originally Posted By: Mark_from_Australia

Yep. ;\) (not me)
 Originally Posted By: Nexxussian
 Originally Posted By: Mark_from_Australia

Yep. ;\) (not me)
Correct, I know who it was, but he can take the priase on this one. \:\)
Hey Guys! I just got off the phone with Walt and he told me these dampners are going into production in about 2 weeks. He is only going to make enough to cover what is pre-ordered. So if you want one you better get on the list. The price is $411 plus $20 for shipping for the steel 2 groove. I did not ask how much the aluminum ones are, but you can only imagine.
Aluminum ones will be the same price.

You will also get a 10% discount if you're a current Inliner member and order before the end of the year.
So you will get 10% off of the $411 dollar price then? Sounds very reasonable.
Also, several configurations are available:

- One or two grooves.
- Position of the grooves.
- 250 or 292 specific.
- Steel or aluminum.
- Location of the timing marks.

Call Walt Pearce directly for more info @ 509-449-1600.
How about a serpentine application?

MBHD
No serpentine application planned. Would be possible if there was a strong demand.
Any updates? When I spoke to with Walt about my order he said "they should be out of production by mid December". Sure would look nice sitting under my Xmas tree
Bump, found this in another search I was doing.
I have them instock on my site.
Your killing me Tom.
I'm gonna just foreward my paychecks to you...... :-)

Look foreward to your next call.

Thank you Sir,
Stu
Recieved mine from Walt a little while ago. Great looking part!
Funny how all of a sudden there are more and more parts being made available.

Paul.
It just takes people willing to take the initiative and take charge and do it. Sometimes its as easy as picking up the phone and calling a manufacturer and committing to purchase 8 or 10 parts, other times you have to buy the equipment yourself and become the manufacturer. Either way, its a risk involving money in this time of economic uncertainty, and whether those that have it wish to take a chance with turning loose of it and possibly not getting the return they had hoped it would bring.
I want to thank you folks for going to this trouble and discussing this here.

As a result, the need we have in Australia for a decent damper for the Chrysler Hemi 6 engine is going to be realised through BHJ. I've been talking to them for several months now and we're getting very close to having what we need.

They assure me that the work they've been doing on the Chevy inline sixes over the past year or more has been something that has taken them to areas they don't normally see when working with the regular V8 needs and it's helping them to help us.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board