Inliners International
Posted By: stock49 Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 04/20/13 11:52 PM
Greetings . . .

Just spied this on ebay:
Wayne Intake

regards,
stock49
Posted By: 6cylindersovertexas Re: Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 04/21/13 12:51 AM
Are you sure this is a Chevy intake? The port runs seem kind of large.
Posted By: Drew, II # 4211 Re: Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 04/21/13 10:17 AM
Wouldn't that be for a Wayne 12 port head?
Posted By: panic Re: Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 04/21/13 02:55 PM
Certainly not for a 216 head...
Posted By: Drew, II # 4211 Re: Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 04/21/13 08:33 PM
I contacted the seller. He was told by the 80 year old owner he is selling it for that it came off a 216 using an early Wayne 12 Port Cylinder Head. He did not know the significance the cylinder head and only listed it by the engine size.

It may be a good buy for a Wayne collector.
Posted By: stock49 Re: Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 04/21/13 09:48 PM
 Originally Posted By: Drew, II # 4211
I contacted the seller. He was told by the 80 year old owner he is selling it for that it came off a 216 using an early Wayne 12 Port Cylinder Head. He did not know the significance the cylinder head and only listed it by the engine size.

It may be a good buy for a Wayne collector.

That adds up. The posting didn't seem to acknowledge the 12 port significance . . . as if the seller didn't know what was in hand.

regards,
stock49
Posted By: Mark_from_Australia Re: Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 04/22/13 06:24 AM
I am not a Wayne collector, just a guy trying to put a package together for myself.

I will apply my meagre resources to try to bring this down under
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 04/22/13 12:13 PM
Good luck! I hope someone we know gets it and puts it to use. Speed equipment should be making speed not hanging on the wall like my stuff.
Posted By: Mark_from_Australia Re: Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 04/23/13 09:25 AM
So tell me who has this 12 port without an intact????
Posted By: The235kid Re: Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 05/02/13 09:36 AM
I came across this thread while searching for 12 parts. I bought this intake off eBay. Cost more than I wanted to spend but I feel it was worth it. It will go in my collection for now but as soon as I get my hands on a 12 port head it will be put in my 29 Chevy roadster.

I tracked down the owner and the history of the intake and possibly the head it was attached to. He plans on building a vintage racer with the head and no longer need the intake I believe he is either using a 3 carb intake or possibly fuel injection. I'm not for sure on that yet. At any rate I am interested in reuniting the intake with its head and getting it back on the road.

I'm not wealthy but I love Stovebolts and their speed equipment. Preserving the history is my main goal.
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 05/02/13 12:23 PM
Good! Good luck in your search and keep us posted on your progress.
Posted By: Drew, II # 4211 Re: Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 05/02/13 12:45 PM
I was following the auction closely. Congratulations! Hope you are successful in acquiring a 12 port head.
Posted By: Mark_from_Australia Re: Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 05/03/13 10:17 AM
 Originally Posted By: The235kid
I came across this thread while searching for 12 parts. I bought this intake off eBay. Cost more than I wanted to spend but I feel it was worth it. It will go in my collection for now but as soon as I get my hands on a 12 port head it will be put in my 29 Chevy roadster.

I tracked down the owner and the history of the intake and possibly the head it was attached to. He plans on building a vintage racer with the head and no longer need the intake I believe he is either using a 3 carb intake or possibly fuel injection. I'm not for sure on that yet. At any rate I am interested in reuniting the intake with its head and getting it back on the road.

I'm not wealthy but I love Stovebolts and their speed equipment. Preserving the history is my main goal.

Can you please pm some details of the head it was off - I am the 12 port historian for this club, and would like to update the 12 port register.

Your pockets are deeper than mine, I couldn't afford the intake in the end.

We need to talk, whether though a PM here, or on the HAMB, or just get my details from the club roster or 12 PN

Thanks
Posted By: The235kid Re: Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 05/04/13 12:44 AM
That would be fine. My email is td.rose@yahoo.com my hamb name is The235kid and my phone number is 972.741.8211. I'm in Texas so check the time. Anytime mon-fri 5-9pm or weekends before 10pm. My name is Pete. I'll give you whatever info I can.
Posted By: The235kid Re: Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 05/06/13 12:16 PM
The saga continues. The seller listed the original Wayne 12 port valve cover on eBay last night. Just letting you guys know I will be doing whatever it takes to keep this set together. I believe it need to be together and never split apart.
Posted By: lowboygmc Re: Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 05/06/13 06:45 PM
Do it kid we are all rooting for you!!
Posted By: greyghostgmc Re: Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 05/09/13 11:06 AM
Keep in mind the original pattern for the Wayne 12 Port Chevrolet valve cover still exists. Bob Toros (Venolia Pistons) saved/stored the pattern since the late 1950's.
Posted By: The235kid Re: Wayne 12 Port Intake on ebay - 05/12/13 10:13 PM
 Originally Posted By: greyghostgmc
Keep in mind the original pattern for the Wayne 12 Port Chevrolet valve cover still exists. Bob Toros (Venolia Pistons) saved/stored the pattern since the late 1950's.

Yes. This is true and the 12 port Chevy head is soon to be reproduced but I really try to get original stuff. I plan on buying a new head when they are released but I love original parts.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board