Inliners International
Posted By: Jimmie Price Clifford cast aluminum valvecover - 12/07/13 01:11 PM
Hi. I just mailed off my membership application today & am looking for some help locating a valve cover.

I have a bunch of Clifford parts coming for my 235 I am rebuilding & am looking to buy one of their discontinued model cast aluminum finned with logo valve covers. Either in the aluminum finish or the powder coated black finish.

I am trtying to not get a bunch of mis matched logo's under the hood.

Any help would be appreiated.

Thanks, Jim ol-nobull
I would not just look for matching logos, Clifford & Offy & others have different applications.

Normally Clifford products are for higher RPM higher HP, where you loose some street ability.

MBHD

good luck on your build.
Posted By: Jimmie Price Re: Clifford cast aluminum valvecover - 12/07/13 06:44 PM
Thanks for the reply Hank. What I am trying to do is I have the Clifford dual intake with dual 2 bbl Webbers going on the engine & am trying to just get matching logo between the intake manifold & valve cover.
This 46 coupe will be a daily driver & I also plan to enter in in many of the Texas car shows as the body & interior has been restored. The original 216 thrashed on me last month & I decided to go with a 1956 235 for a much more dependable & longer lasting daily driver.
As the valve cover as such will not really effect performance it just might effect the car show looks of the engine. Both the Clifford intake & valve cover look great when finished in black powder coat with the logo & rib edges polished out. So I am just trying to get this look on these 2 components for the car shows.

I will be using other brands of components internally in the engine & accessories on the engine or under the hood.

As I began driving in the early 50's what I am doing is basically the same as what we did back then by upgrading intake, exhaust & a street cam. Kind of taking this car back to back to my youth so to speak. I also plan to rebuild the old original 216 & keep it around in case I get the urge to do a points show car as original sometime in the future. The body, interior & running gear are restored to original.

Thanks to all who may also comment.

Jimmie ol-nobull
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Clifford cast aluminum valvecover - 12/07/13 08:15 PM
If it comes down to it just polish off all the names And the shine will look better.
Posted By: Xerxes Re: Clifford cast aluminum valvecover - 12/08/13 04:40 PM
Keep an eye open on Ebay, and also the classified area here and on the H.A.M.B. They show up fairly frequently.
Posted By: Xerxes Re: Clifford cast aluminum valvecover - 12/08/13 04:51 PM
try this again
Posted By: mdonohue05 Re: Clifford cast aluminum valvecover - 12/08/13 06:12 PM
I never knew Clifford to make a dual intake for a 235. He made a dual for the 230/250/292. I also never knew he made a valve cover for a 235. Any chance you can post a picture of your intake?
Posted By: Jimmie Price Re: Clifford cast aluminum valvecover - 12/09/13 10:56 AM
Hi. He offers them for both 216 & 235 with dual 2 bbl webbers. Mine is expeted to arrive in about a week so I cannot post a pic yet but they are shown & listed on his website. Here is the link to the manifold/carb set up on his website - http://www.cliffordperformance.net/Merch...egory_Code=C235

He has been offering some new items but dropped the valve covers. In reading another thread by tlowe on his new valve covers I will contact him to see if he has any for the 235 as they would be great.

The set of his shorty headers will arrive today & carb/manifold expected in a week to 10 days.

Jimmie ol-nobull
Posted By: Jimmie Price Re: Clifford cast aluminum valvecover - 12/09/13 10:56 AM
Hi. He offers them for both 216 & 235 with dual 2 bbl webbers. Mine is expeted to arrive in about a week so I cannot post a pic yet but they are shown & listed on his website. Here is the link to the manifold/carb set up on his website - http://www.cliffordperformance.net/Merch...egory_Code=C235

He has been offering some new items but dropped the valve covers. In reading another thread by tlowe on his new valve covers I will contact him to see if he has any for the 235 as they would be great.

The set of his shorty headers will arrive today & carb/manifold expected in a week to 10 days.

Jimmie ol-nobull
Posted By: Jimmie Price Re: Clifford cast aluminum valvecover - 12/09/13 12:31 PM
Just to clarify my previous post, when you go to their website it will say for 235-261 but when you open that link to view the carb/manifold set up the description says 216-235-261.
Jimmie ol-nobull
It would be a lot easier and just as cool to have a Nicson set.
Posted By: Jimmie Price Re: Clifford cast aluminum valvecover - 12/09/13 07:23 PM
Hi Beater of the Pack. Not certain what a Niscon set is. Where can I view that?

Jimmie ol-nobull
Nicson was a company that made a lot of cast parts for Chevy 6s. A lot of it was for boats. It would be used stuff but it show up at swap meets and on eBay. I'm sure guys here have some. All I have is a GMC 2X1 manifold. It is good quality and there is a lot of it.

LINK
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Clifford-perform...af31607&vxp=mtr

MBHD
Posted By: Jimmie Price Re: Clifford cast aluminum valvecover - 12/10/13 11:09 AM
Thanks. I already have that exact same header set sitting here waiting for the cam to arrive, hopefully this week so we can get it installed & rebuild the head with the new valves, springs, etc & get the engine together & swapped out in the car.

I have already purchased the dual manifold with the two 2 bbl Webbers & it should ship in about a week. Hopefully it will arrive by the time we finish the engine & get it installed. If not we will put on the stock intake & exaust so I can drive it to the muffler shop & get them to install headers & build exhaust system.

Then all I will have to do is install the new intake & carbs & get back to using this great little Coupe.

In the meantime I am looking for a few dress up under the hood items to give it a better show look of a street rod of the 50's theme.

Once I get all this done I will rebuild the original 216 in case I deide to make it into an original points show car. The reason I am not making it an original show car is there are no close shows to me to go to regularly to really make that worthwile at this time so I going with the 50's street rod theme & make it a good safe driver at today's highway speeds.

Once I get it back up & running it is off to body shop as the previous owner did not replace any of the weather stripping or rubber when he restored the body & interior 23 years ago. For an older restoration it looks like it was done last year as since new it has always been kept in a closed garage with a car cover over it to keep off the dust by both previous owners.

I am having fun with all this.

Jimmie ol-nobull
Take care of the old restoration. The paint on it is probably better than you could legally put on it now.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board