Inliners International
Posted By: 70Nova head stud conversion? - 09/17/14 01:44 PM
Tried search, no luck..

For my 230, where do I find the head stud conversion kit?
Got lumps and those 3 shorties but need the studs.

On the same subject, what torque should I use with the studs and the shorties that go through the lumps? 100lbs on the shorties, is what I vaguely remember hearing?

If someone here sells the stud kit I'd rather keep my business "in the family" so speak up smile

Jan
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: head stud conversion? - 09/17/14 02:01 PM
ARP is the source for either the bolts or studs, but its not good to mix them together. Either use all studs or all bolts because a stud torques much differently than a bolt does.
Posted By: 70Nova Re: head stud conversion? - 09/17/14 02:19 PM
how do people do studs with intake lumps then?
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: head stud conversion? - 09/17/14 02:31 PM
If they are mixing them then they're doing so haphazardly and not putting a lot of thought into what they are doing. A studs torque much more than a bolt does and will unevenly distort to cylinder bores accordingly. In a brazed lump head its easy to use studs on all the bolt locations. The bolt in lumps can also, you may just have to clearance the underside of the lumps a bit.
Posted By: 70Nova Re: head stud conversion? - 09/17/14 03:19 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Got some research to do, luckily I have a bunch of time before I need them.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: head stud conversion? - 09/17/14 09:01 PM
In order to use the short stud with the Lump you will need to Open the hole up on the lump. The head of the short bolt that comes with the Lump kits are of 3/4 dia. and use a alien to tighten them. The stud kits have a Nut So you'll need a socket to fit in the lump hole. And I believe the nut is a 12 point.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board