Inliners International
Posted By: Dennis Walbro/AC-type electric fuel pumps - 09/11/07 11:41 PM
Does anyone know a source of repair parts for the Walbro, AC type electric fuel pumps? Years ago, I think I could buy kits from Western Auto and local auto parts stores. I found an outfit, in Texas, called APE, Inc, who are supposed to have these kits. However, they do not respond to e-mails, or phone calls.

A couple of friends and I have dug up 10 of the 12V pumps with bad bellows, and/or valves. The motors and points are all in perfect shape, but the bellows have turned to much and the valves in most of them are warped.
Posted By: Dennis Re: Walbro/AC-type electric fuel pumps - 09/11/07 11:42 PM
That's MUSH, not MUCH!
You might check with a NAPA store they still sell walbro pumps. I'm sure it would be a special order but might be a possibility. Also Walbro makes many of the small carbs and fuel pumps for small engines so a small engine parts house might be able to help you. Don't know just thinking out loud.
Good Luck
Posted By: Nexxussian Re: Walbro/AC-type electric fuel pumps - 09/12/07 11:10 AM
I don't know if it will help, but Walbro's corporate web site is here: http://69.16.165.8/

Yeah, I know, it didn't look right to me either, but it worked when I tried it.

There is a search feature in 'Service & Aftermarket' (in the blue toolbar under the logo then select it again from the list on the new window). I couldn't find it on the site, but if you have a part number for the pump it should get you something. If nothing else they should be able to tell you who carries those parts.
Dear Dennis;

It may be faster/cheaper/better to buy a 'modern' elecrtic pump with a guarantee etc.

This is NOT an item you need to fail (ever).

Holly & Stewart Warner have adustable pressure, I think.

Good luck. \:\)
Posted By: Dennis Re: Walbro/AC-type electric fuel pumps - 09/12/07 11:10 PM
Thanks, men......I found an outfit "V E Peterson" in Ohio, who sells repair parts for these pumps. They're not available through the company. I've had one since '79, on a number of different vehicles, and it's only recently failed me. The motor and points are in like-new condition and all it needs is a bellows. Another one needs both a bellows and valve repair kit. Both kits are a total of $14. One of these fuel pumps new are $90-$105.

I like the idea of having something that's actually repairable, in this throw-away world of today!
Posted By: GreyOwl Re: Walbro/AC-type electric fuel pumps - 09/13/07 03:15 PM
http://apeusa.com/html/bel_pump.html
This site also has repair parts as well as newer rotary pumps.

Charles
© Inliners International Bulletin Board