Inliners International
Posted By: Al Hazard warning switch - 02/27/09 04:32 PM
I have a '52 Chev Hard Top that I have installed an E-Z Wiring harness. I am running a stock steering column with an after market turn signal arm. Th e E-Z Wiring fuse panel has a built in hazard flasher. my question is.. how do I hook up the hazard warning lights? What kind of a switch do I need and how do I wire it?
I would be greatful for any help.
Al
Posted By: chopped 40 Re: Hazard warning switch - 02/27/09 06:37 PM
Al,

I have the same set up in mine.
If your fuse box has the flasher installed (if you have 12 circut or larger, you do) Then all you need is an off-on 2-wire toggle switch. If you have all the lights hooked up correctly to the fuse box, your parking lamps, tail lamps and turn indicators on the dash should flash when the toggle is switched. It will stay flashing until you toggle them off. The 2 wires from the switch should be connected to your plug that was provided. Then just plug it in the hazard position on the fuse box.

Really simple! I have a Iditit chrome column that has a hazard button like the OEM's.
Good Luck!

RapRap
1940 ChoppedChevyCoupe
Posted By: Al Re: Hazard warning switch - 02/27/09 07:06 PM
Thanks Rap
I'm still a little confused. It's been a few years since I did the wiring. Yes, the fuse box has a separate flasher for the hazards. The E-Z wiring diagram only shows a brown wire going to the column labled "Hazard". Do I add a switch here to ground?
Al
Posted By: chopped 40 Re: Hazard warning switch - 03/02/09 11:36 AM
Yes.
The brown wire goes to one side of the switchand the other to ground.
Posted By: Al Re: Hazard warning switch - 03/02/09 12:53 PM
Thanks Rap !!
© Inliners International Bulletin Board