Inliners International
Posted By: chambies windshield for 51 chevy - 03/03/06 07:26 PM
does anyone know what full length windshields fit a 1951 chevy fleetline. i have heard possibly later model chevy or 49-50 oldmobile. any info greatly appreciated. or does anyone know where to get the two piece glass for cheap? ive been quoted around $200 per side.
thanks
Posted By: Mike G Re: windshield for 51 chevy - 03/03/06 08:15 PM
The Olds windshield was a fairly common swap into those Chevys back in the good old days. From what I remember it was a direct fit using the Olds windshield gasket. The 88 body was based on the Chevy and the 98 was a heavier and larger Olds. The windshields may or may not be exactly the same for the 88 and 98? New gaskets are available from Steele Rubber Products. Hope this is a little help for you.
Posted By: Drew, II # 4211 Re: windshield for 51 chevy - 03/04/06 12:34 AM
You might want to try Smith's Rod Glass in Hazard,KY. 1-877-ROD-GLAS
Posted By: John H. Meredith Re: windshield for 51 chevy - 03/04/06 02:19 PM
Dear Mr. C;

Check with Patrick's in Casa Grande, Az. for info on those. Also; there's a Bob's Antique Auto Glass in Washington State or Oregon that would have it. He advertises on e-bay a lot.

As I recall the 50 olds windshilds were used in the Chevy passenger cars (49-52) but not the trucks.

One of the places posted should get it for you.

Good luck. \:\)
Posted By: chambies Re: windshield for 51 chevy - 03/09/06 01:48 PM
Thanks for all the info.
Posted By: Gr8 48 Bow Tie Re: windshield for 51 chevy - 07/06/07 02:37 AM
 Quote:
Originally posted by Mike G:
The Olds windshield was a fairly common swap into those Chevys back in the good old days. From what I remember it was a direct fit using the Olds windshield gasket. The 88 body was based on the Chevy and the 98 was a heavier and larger Olds. The windshields may or may not be exactly the same for the 88 and 98? New gaskets are available from Steele Rubber Products. Hope this is a little help for you.
Same question for the '48 Chevy Fleetline.
Thanks.

Al
Posted By: John H. Meredith Re: windshield for 51 chevy - 07/06/07 12:55 PM
There's a (moulded) windshild for those. It's a custom made unit W/O the center post.

The same guy (Bob's) sells those. It comes with a gasket/weatherstrip as well. He has the (one piece) door glass & kit too.

Good luck. \:\)
Posted By: John H. Meredith Re: windshield for 51 chevy - 07/06/07 04:11 PM
I've not actualy seen it either. He (Bob) said it was a moulded 'one piece' glass.

Check his website/store. www.bobsclassicautoglass.com The photos show them prety well and W/O any distortion in the center.

Happy trails. \:\)
© Inliners International Bulletin Board