Inliners International
Posted By: Cabbie Pin Striping & Gold Leaf - 11/09/09 09:05 PM
I have been reciently working on a 1920 Seagrave firetruck with the Livermore Heritage Guild. We are currently looking for an experianced person to do the gold leafing, and pinstriping. Does anyone know somebody in the San Francisco, Ca Bay area that has these skills?

Thanks,
Dan
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Pin Striping & Gold Leaf - 11/10/09 01:35 AM
There are probably several people in the Bay Area that can do that but my recommendation would be Art Himsil from Concord. I know that although he was already one of the most talented custom painters around he took classes at the California College of Arts and Crafts in Oakland to learn gold leaf. That was in the 60s. The other end of College Avenue from Berkley, we learned other stuff as well.

Tom
Posted By: Cabbie Re: Pin Striping & Gold Leaf - 11/10/09 05:53 PM
Thanks Tom! I called Art today, and he said he is very busy, but gave me contact info for Basil Platt. I did a little research, and saw that he is very talented, and well known as well. We are going to meet this saturday to talk numbers.
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Pin Striping & Gold Leaf - 11/11/09 01:34 AM
Glad to be of some help. There is so much talent down there I knew you'd find someone. My son does pinstriping but that fire truck stuff is it's own style. Gold leaf is magic! Tom
Posted By: seanMCMAHON Re: Pin Striping & Gold Leaf - 11/29/09 06:38 PM
I know this is not in your area but you should check out bob bond.he's done it for 30 yrs. look up bobbondart.com,hope this helps you.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board