Inliners International
Posted By: Beater of the Pack No More Picasa - 08/08/16 12:22 AM
frown I tried to post some pictures on another site today and found that Picasa, where I have my pictures hosted, has been "retired". My pictures were all moved to Google Photos but you can not post them from there. Pictures I have posted in the last 9 or so years as images are still there but all I posted as links to multiple pictures are gone. The Bonneville EFI Demo, Megasquirt, Rappin' to Minden, The 2012 Convention ,…. And stuff on other sites too. Oh well they have to make things better. crazy Which hosting service do you guys use? Are any of them free anymore? Photobucket gives you 2GB for free.
Posted By: gbauer Re: No More Picasa - 08/08/16 10:06 AM
I use www.imgur.com

Free and easy to use.
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: No More Picasa - 08/08/16 06:09 PM
Thanks I'll check that one.
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: No More Picasa - 08/08/16 06:54 PM
I use photobucket on all mine. It's free also.
Posted By: gbauer Re: No More Picasa - 08/09/16 10:13 AM
Originally Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585

WAY too many popups on mobile for me...
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: No More Picasa - 08/09/16 01:47 PM
It is so confusing to me. All of the information is about smart phones, different social media, and stuff I don't use. I just want to be able to upload pictures from my laptop and post them as images or links to web sites I visit. The old Google Picasa was just right for me. That got rolled into Google Photo and even the + version doesn't do what I need. I'm concerned about the 2GB storage limit on Photobucket. I'd pay the $10 a year for no ads.
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: No More Picasa - 08/09/16 05:20 PM
Originally Posted By: gbauer
Originally Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585

WAY too many popups on mobile for me...

I do so much graphic design that I can't use a phone, I have to have a desktop or laptop to float between my design programs to upload and create stuff.
Posted By: gbauer Re: No More Picasa - 08/17/16 01:07 PM
Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
It is so confusing to me. All of the information is about smart phones, different social media, and stuff I don't use. I just want to be able to upload pictures from my laptop and post them as images or links to web sites I visit. The old Google Picasa was just right for me. That got rolled into Google Photo and even the + version doesn't do what I need. I'm concerned about the 2GB storage limit on Photobucket. I'd pay the $10 a year for no ads.

Try imgur. No ads and unlimited storage from what I've seen.
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: No More Picasa - 08/18/16 01:22 AM
This just gets more nuts. My old MAC finally just fell apart. I got a new one and now not only am I trying to learn to use the new computer and photo storage place is gone Apple got rid of iPhoto so everything is new. I'm dealing with Google Photo for what was on Picasa and Apple Photos for what was on my computer.There's an iCloud involved but none of it is as user friendly as I need. Too old for all this change. crazy
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: No More Picasa - 08/18/16 09:52 AM
All the changes can add up. Wish this website would just accept pics from our computers.
Posted By: big bill I.I.#4698 Re: No More Picasa - 08/18/16 06:12 PM
I wish we had a web site to go along with our bulletin board.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board