Inliners International
The average age of an inliner members is 70. How do we get young people to come in and carry on the tradition when we're gone?
Unless you take a young person under your wing and teach them
what we are all about it will never happen.
Example, my son grew up in the import world (computers and injectors). Carburetors, what's that, how do they work. Why don't you have injectors? Push rods, why? How does an engine work if you don't have an intake and exhaust for each cylinder? Just some of the questions to be answered and explained.
It has taken a while to explain these old things to him, but he is catching on and doing good. He is even building a 250 inline Chevy and a 330 (302) GMC for an SDRA car. It has taken a lot of explaining and many hours of "show and tell" to get this far.
My son is the same way!! He's been around the drag racing scene and my rat rod and classic car exploits all of his life. He knows how they work and has respect for the older stuff, but he also likes the new, high tech, fewer moving parts stuff! He gets a little mad when I break out some old relic and push his new turbo, injected, hemi Charger on a banzai run once in a while!!
Originally Posted By: strummin67 I.I.
The average age of an inliner members is 70. ......

Wow, The first time in my life I've been above average! blush
Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Originally Posted By: strummin67 I.I.
The average age of an inliner members is 70. ......

Wow, The first time in my life I've been above average! blush

And as usual, I'm below average!! cool
Dang, don't worry buddy you'll get there before you know it. frown
It would help if Inliners website were fixed...But, dispite many promises.....Ain't gonna happen.
I have another 19 years to be average. smile
I have 20.
I just hope i have 20 left....!!!
Yep, I can see the tunnel at the end of the light from here. shocked laugh
© Inliners International Bulletin Board