Inliners International
Posted By: Twisted6 A new Batch - 09/27/23 08:48 PM
A new batch has arrived. So now to get the machining done. [Linked Image]

Attached File
IMG_7759.jpg  (135 downloads)
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: A new Batch - 09/28/23 03:00 AM
Nice! 4 & 6 cylinder?
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: A new Batch - 09/28/23 08:23 PM
It is nice to get them in your control and make products.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: A new Batch - 09/28/23 09:15 PM
Yes Beater That is what is left of the First run. I didn't get pics beforehand I was sidetracked with doing a few 292 builds which I had not really planned on doing. So, I am just getting things back on track sort of speak. I'm always busy like a 1armed paper hanger LOL
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: A new Batch - 09/29/23 02:57 PM
Did you get the fuel injector bungs added as you had mentioned in previous posts?
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: A new Batch - 09/29/23 08:54 PM
unfortunately, we have not. right now, we would like to get some of the initial startup funds back before we make any other changes at this point. Even though to me it would have been an easy change, I should have done it before they ever went to the foundry. So that is an error on my part.
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: A new Batch - 09/30/23 01:57 PM
Looks good Larry...! They did well for me when I was selling them. I wouldn't sweat the bungs not being on them. I sold right at 50 of the side draft intakes for the 6 cylinder and 40 of the 4 cylinder intakes without the bungs either . I had equally that many additional inquiries about them as well, and not one single person inquired about that feature. So that told me that persons using side drafts prefer the real thing. I personally think the bung is obnoxious looking on these intakes and hurts the sleek lines and design of them. If someone want the "EFI look", they can figure out how to get there themselves....they figured it out with the 4 bbl intakes easy enough...

Good luck with them....
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: A new Batch - 09/30/23 10:53 PM
Thank you, that is true enough for sure. And I would have to agree on the obnoxious/Junkie look if you're not using them. Plus, I was no longer in a rush, or a Dior need to have it done. at this point in time.
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: A new Batch - 10/04/23 01:48 PM
It's always cool to see the raw product turn in to the finished part. You should record this somehow. Whether picture format or video.
Posted By: Hotrod Lincoln Re: A new Batch - 10/08/23 06:55 PM
I am in the process of building a one-off adapter to mount Keihin side draft carbs for a Harley Davidson EVO engine to Chevy 235 and 261 six cylinder heads- - - -one for each of the three intake ports. Once I have a working prototype I might be interested in commissioning castings for the adapters. Can you share the name of the foundry you're using by PM? Thanks!
Jerry
© Inliners International Bulletin Board