Inliners International
Posted By: 6inarow I.I. #1475 Any Hudson fans out there? - 07/23/06 12:36 PM
Where would a guy go to find info on Hudsons of the 30's? Does anybody fool with them any more? Are there any clubs devoted to the Hudson?
Posted By: Ray Bell Re: Any Hudson fans out there? - 07/24/06 05:11 PM
I drove a Special based on a 1934 Terraplane at a Hillclimb several years ago. It belongs to a friend of mine. I'm sure there are Hudson clubs somewhere...

e.mail me ( r@ybell.net ) and I'll send you a story I put together about Hudsons racing in Australia.
Posted By: John H. Meredith Re: Any Hudson fans out there? - 07/24/06 07:52 PM
I think the Hudson club is in Santa Monica, Ca.

Perhaps one of the 'search engines' will help.

Good luck. \:\)
Posted By: Ray Bell Re: Any Hudson fans out there? - 07/24/06 09:03 PM
There was a team which ran Hudsons on behalf of the factory in NASCAR in the early fifties, I understand...

It was based in Chicago and played the 'bad boy northerners' role in the racing of the time.

I can locate some good stories about that too.
Posted By: Zeke Fishburn Re: Any Hudson fans out there? - 07/25/06 07:30 PM
http://www.uncommonengineering.com/index.html

Check this stuff out!!!
Posted By: 6inarow I.I. #1475 Re: Any Hudson fans out there? - 07/25/06 08:14 PM
WOW!!!!
Posted By: Sam Welch Re: Any Hudson fans out there? - 07/29/06 05:21 PM
I guess I am a Hudson fan...my new grandson is named Hudson. So I might need to start looking for one of those to go with my other old cars. My son say he doesn't mind if I spend his inheritance but if I get rid of the old cars I am in deep trouble so I took that to mean that it is AOK to spend all my money on the old cars. Doesn't get much better than that. Regards...
Posted By: Dany Spring Re: Any Hudson fans out there? - 07/31/06 02:08 AM
I'm a big fan... I currently own a 36 4dr with a SBC, a 40 2dr sedan with a Hornet engine 4bbl headers, and a 700r4 trans behind it. A 41 coupe that has been a drag racer since 63. It has a 353 inch Hudson flathead six and runs mid 14,s at L.A. County raceway. A 47 coupe with a straight eight and stick with overdrive. And I have 3 Hudson Jets. There is a Hudson club. We have a web site at www.hudsonclub.org You can get info on a local chapter there.
Posted By: Ray Bell Re: Any Hudson fans out there? - 07/31/06 10:04 AM
That's am impressive line-up of Hudsons there, Dany... the two that stick out to me are the flathead that runs 14s (how light is the body?) and the 47 with a nice lazy overdrive.

Going to the club site now, hope I find piccies there!
Posted By: Dany Spring Re: Any Hudson fans out there? - 08/04/06 12:19 AM
Ray, The race car weighs in at just under 2700 pounds. I'm working on a different induction system now, and I'm hoping to get into the 13's with it.

Dany
Posted By: Ray Bell Re: Any Hudson fans out there? - 08/18/06 05:30 PM
Dany, thanks for the request for my stories about the Aussie Hudson racers. Let me know if you want any more...
© Inliners International Bulletin Board