Inliners International
Posted By: chopped 40 Car Show in Ohio - 10/16/06 11:23 AM
Last weekend, a buddy and I attended my first Southern Ohio car show in Middletown, Ohio. It was held at a Waffle House and it had plenty of parking. Really cool cars and very friendly rodders. They had a DJ (with a really southern accent) who spun tunes and announced all the types of cars that drove in and left. He knew most as regulars but when the Chevy rumbled in, he announced that a nice black Chevy just came that he has never seen here before. Of course I had to "rap" the pipes and he annouced that it had a very nice sounding six banger. When I finally backed in and popped the hood, there was a swarm of people. I met several other folks that had inline powered trucks and cars. They welcomed me to Ohio and wanted me to join their club. A very nice 3-4 hours and good food too. Check out the small bunch of photos that I posted on Yahoo by clicking the link below. Some very unique rides! V-8 VW, a very trick Valiant sedan delivery with a blown hemi, etc.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18817272@N00/

RapRap
1940 ChoppedChevyCoupe
Posted By: THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER Re: Car Show in Ohio - 10/16/06 08:02 PM
Nice photos rap.

P.S. I think the blue '33 "Ford" is actually a Mopar.

P.P.S. Go BUCKS!!!
Posted By: chopped 40 Re: Car Show in Ohio - 10/18/06 08:46 AM
Frenchtown,

My bad. You are correct. There were so many Plymouths, dodges, Terraplanes there, it all kind of melted together. I have re-arranged the photos to include that wierd 1962 Valiant Hemi blown Sedan Delivery. I also put the photos in a slide show formatt for better viewing. Thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18817272@N00/

RapRap
1940 ChoppedChevyCoupe
Posted By: G10-250 Re: Car Show in Ohio - 10/18/06 11:49 AM
That Valiant Delivery is just to cool.
Ya gotta love a car with fins,well I guess its not really a car or is it?

vince
Posted By: Basketcase Re: Car Show in Ohio - 11/21/06 04:06 AM
It's been a long time since I saw one of those early Valiants. Very unique. Thanks for the photos.

Tom
© Inliners International Bulletin Board