Inliners International
Posted By: Titen Bulletin Board - 02/13/08 10:28 PM
Well, I suppose everyone is wondering what happened to the BB for the last several days.... The short answer is that our web hosting company moved to a new server platform and migrated our site on about the 28th of January. At this time several things went wrong with the website, the worst of which was the BB quit working, and I have been on the phone (mostly on hold) for several hours each day while trying to find faults or workarounds. The problem was elevated to the highest level of tech support, but , I hadn't had any updates and could only make it to the lower levels of support. What I finally figured out, despite their 'help', was that our (basic) hosting package now no longer supported the protocol required for the BB to run so I moved the website over to my web host. I have some files to clean up as I uploaded some older file versions in order to get back up and running as soon as possible. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.
Posted By: GMDad Re: Bulletin Board - 02/13/08 10:36 PM
Glad you were able to get it back up and running Tim. I kept checking every day or so. Glad it was you trying to fix it and not me, or even our grand kids would be able to get onto the site......
Posted By: SCRAPIRON, #4711 Re: Bulletin Board - 02/13/08 11:06 PM
I think you found the problem (highest level of tech support)...Most of these web hosting company now days run out of talent just after they pick up the phone !!! SCRAP
Posted By: big bill I.I.#4698 Re: Bulletin Board - 02/14/08 02:53 AM
Tim
I host a web page for a christian group I belong to and the host changed their servers a couple of years ago with the same results. They no longer allow use of most of the lower cost software to set up a web page. Wonder whose idea that was? They suggested a very expensive program, I threw a major fit and they gave me a free ware program that runs under the new system. Their new system won't even allow use of Microsoft software. I think it probably cost them a lot of business as they sold out to another company after a few months.
In closing Thank You for solving the problem and lets hope your web host doesn't change their system.
Info only: The rope burns on your neck will go away in a few years (from your almost hanging)
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Bulletin Board - 02/14/08 02:54 AM
Thanks Tim, I hope it wasn't like Hughes Net so at least you were talking to someone on this continent! It's good the are people like you who can fix this stuff.
Posted By: walpolla Re: Bulletin Board - 02/14/08 10:26 AM
hello,
thanks for all your hard work to get the board up again Tim. it is way out of my league all this high powered computer stuff. so long as SOMEONE understands it.

thanks again,regards Rod
\:D
Posted By: Nexxussian Re: Bulletin Board - 02/14/08 10:40 AM
Kudos to all involved getting the BB back up.
Posted By: Drew, II # 4211 Re: Bulletin Board - 02/14/08 01:28 PM
I don't understand all this, but thanks Tim for getting us up and running. Kudos.
Posted By: walt 1940....... Re: Bulletin Board - 02/14/08 04:20 PM
Thanks Tim.
Posted By: STR8 6 Re: Bulletin Board - 02/15/08 02:01 AM
I never realized how often I would go to the bulletin board even when I thought I didn't have time to do everything that needs to my done. Must be one of those things that helps me feel connected. GREAT to have it back. Thanks Tim.

Steve O. #1623
Mid Atlantic Chapter
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: Bulletin Board - 02/15/08 02:55 AM
tim, my hat is off to you for saving the site. now if you don't mind i'll put it back on. tom
Posted By: Wagoneer Re: Bulletin Board - 02/15/08 04:35 AM
Thanks for all your tireless efforts, Tim, we all appreciate it. I didn't realize how much I used the BB until it didn't work. I felt like I'd lost most of my friends, but now they're all back, thanks to you. Good work, Tim.
Posted By: Ray Bell Re: Bulletin Board - 02/15/08 02:45 PM
Agreed... thanks for the persistence...

I don't use the board much, but I've missed being able to log in.
Posted By: JOE LARSON Re: Bulletin Board - 02/15/08 03:08 PM
Thanks Tim.............'YOU-DA-MAN!'
Posted By: strummin67 I.I. Re: Bulletin Board - 02/15/08 03:54 PM
Thanks for getting it running again, Tim. I come here every day and I definitely missed reading and responding to the posts.
Posted By: Mike G Re: Bulletin Board - 02/15/08 08:49 PM
Thanks Tim !! You never miss something until it is gone certainly rings true here.
Posted By: don 1450 Re: Bulletin Board - 02/15/08 10:32 PM
Tim, you are maintaining not only a website but also a community of shared interests. We now know some more about what that community means to us and how grateful we are to have it.

God's Peace to you.

d
Inliner #1450
Posted By: robertf II# 3850 Re: Bulletin Board - 02/15/08 11:23 PM
Tim,
sorry you had to go to so much trouble. thanks for all you've done.
robert
Posted By: HiTork Re: Bulletin Board - 02/16/08 12:50 AM
Thanks Tim, Have a COLD one on me.
Jim
Posted By: 6inarow I.I. #1475 Re: Bulletin Board - 02/16/08 03:13 AM
I move we double his pay.
Posted By: Titen Re: Bulletin Board - 02/16/08 04:20 AM
Thanks All for your support, although it makes me nervous, I think I'll go for the cold one. Coming up soon will be the decision on the future of the bulletin board, we can go on with the current format, out dated as it may be, that will cost in the $100 range to renew, or upgrade to the UBB Threads that the other sites use, many more dollars, or go with the one offered by the web host, free, but I may not be able to transition the past info. It is not a pressing issue, however it is some thing we have to decide on in the next few months. Your input is needed, maybe we can rewrite some of the info into the tech section of the website, think about it.
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Bulletin Board - 02/16/08 08:21 PM
Tim, It worked I'm back. Everyone else is probably not as happy as me. Thanks! I'd hate to lose the old posts there are so many I haven't gotten to yet, although you are right that much of it is needed in the tech section. I do like the feeling of this board. Stovebolt and the HAMB are so big and I'm so ignorant!
Posted By: Titen Re: Bulletin Board - 02/25/08 01:01 AM
For the past few days I have been installing and configuring an upgraded version of our bulletin board. The present version is no longer supported and as I have been having a number of problems with it on our new web server I decided it was time to move on, the new version is the same UBBthreads that most of the other sites use, I was able to upgrade for a fraction of the cost of a new subscription. At least to start out with however, the board will look little different than it does now, it won't have all the extra boxes of stuff all over the page. I was able to bring in all the old forums and settings so we won't loose anything, I just have to get an answer about a partial import to preserve the posts from the last week or so. Let me have any input from you now, and expect an announcement that the board will be offline for a couple of hours sometime in the middle of the week. Thanks for your support (I hope), Tim
Posted By: LGriffin_#4385 Re: Bulletin Board - 02/25/08 03:09 AM
Sounds like you have a handle on it. If we arn't going to loose anything, all we can do is THANK YOU for your hard work.

Larry
Posted By: walt 1940....... Re: Bulletin Board - 02/25/08 07:49 PM
That is great to not loose anything.
Thanks.
Posted By: Bruce Re: Bulletin Board - 02/26/08 01:48 AM
Tim,
If it is included with the upgrade and not too much work, it would be nice to have a first unread message button to hit so you could go to where you quit reading. Most of the other forums I go to have it and it does make it easy.

Thanks for all of the effort and work to keep this going!
Posted By: JOE LARSON Re: Bulletin Board - 02/26/08 02:15 AM
I just use the 'Jump To New Posts" feature near the top of the page just below the Inliners Logo.

Joe
Posted By: JOE LARSON Re: Bulletin Board - 02/28/08 05:12 PM
well, I guess I can't say THAT any more!
Posted By: Titen Re: Bulletin Board - 03/01/08 06:25 PM
Now the 'new post' feature is enabled, it puts a little red numeral on the post. The 'teaser' forum doesn't work too well, it looks like we only have 1 forum, and not showing ANY forums gives an error message that there are 'no forums to view' until you login and I think folks still think we're broken. Does anyone have a problem with allowing everyone to read the forums, but only registered members can start or answer topics? I can also make it so some forums, perhaps 'Bench Racing' will be visible only to registered members. I wil set it up this way so all can see what I mean. Feedback please. Tim
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/01/08 09:30 PM
Tim

I think your doing a pretty good job of handling so far.I like some of the new things it now has to offer over the old BB. But like anything else it will take sometime getting use to it all.

Ps if anyone needs Help making the Avitars Just let me Know Because this very easy for me.It's Something I used to do a lot of for different chat rooms that aloud Avs.
Posted By: Nexxussian Re: Bulletin Board - 03/02/08 07:34 PM
Everything looks good so far.

FWIW I had to get a temporary password to log in (mine didn't work). Don't know if that's just me, or if others are having that issue as well. Thought you should know.

Everything else I have tried is working great though, keep up the good work.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/02/08 09:01 PM
Sometimes it seems to load slow? is anyone else having any issues with it loading??? Or is it just me??
Posted By: Drew, II # 4211 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/02/08 11:15 PM
Yes,mine loads slow someyimes.I usually come back to the site later.All in all,I am happy with how the pages look now.Nice job,Tim! \:\)
Posted By: Nexxussian Re: Bulletin Board - 03/03/08 05:45 AM
Yeah, mine's downloading slow right now. I thought it was my computer earlier (did a full de-louse) but it's running fine on other sites.
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/03/08 08:37 PM
slow to load for me too.

titen, i would like to see something for dues paying members. i do not know what, but i will ponder it and throw my ideas at you when they come to me.

P.S. nice job!

tom
Posted By: Titen Re: Bulletin Board - 03/03/08 09:28 PM
I would like to see a 'Inliners Only' area too, maybe with full TPN, Bylaws, Roster???? Anyone have any suggestions??? I am also researching getting the chat function back on line.
Posted By: LGriffin_#4385 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/03/08 11:33 PM
I think the "Bench Racing" forum is a prime candidate, but hate to go there considering past threads in that forum. I think the forum should be read only and enticing enough that a non member might want to join. Maybe a forum for recent video and sound clips with tech discussion on the engines and cars in the clips.

Larry
It is a lot slower now than it used to be.

MBHD
Posted By: walpolla Re: Bulletin Board - 03/04/08 07:16 AM
hello,
yes,it is a bit slow. I have been away for a few days and got a surprise when I saw the new format - thought I was on Stovebolt ! I hang out over there as well. the new format is the same.
keep it all happening Titen. looks good.

regards,Rod
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/04/08 09:44 AM
Yes today if it loaded any slower it would be running backwards i think??????? From the time I clicked post it, it was 4min & 56sec???????? by the time it showed up.(back to the topic itself)
At least thats what is showed up as being.
Posted By: Drew, II # 4211 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/04/08 12:28 PM
I loaded fairly quickly today.Not bad at all.I'm hesitant to complain because my Verizon internet service is bad alot of the time and is more at fault then the site(s) are.
Posted By: Titen Re: Bulletin Board - 03/04/08 01:27 PM
I have set all the forums to only show topics that were active in the last six months to see if that will speed up the BB. The topics on the Engines forum, for example, go back to 2000 and loading these every time may be part of the problem. Also, at the bottom of the main page of each forum you can set your preferences, for example, you can decide if you only want to see topics that were active in the last day or so. This is only temporary, so give me your feedback if it is helping, and if it is worth not seeing all there is to be seen in some forums.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/04/08 07:29 PM
Tim

8 year old topic under X amount of replys could be removed Like we have done in the past.? Is it possable to move High reply topics Into a archives fold only PAID members could get into?? Even if it has to be put over to the left side links?? Just a thought.
Posted By: Nexxussian Re: Bulletin Board - 03/05/08 11:05 AM
It's still pretty slow. I am able to logon now without problems, but it takes a while.
Posted By: walt 1940....... Re: Bulletin Board - 03/06/08 05:30 PM
Still slow.
Posted By: Titen Re: Bulletin Board - 03/06/08 06:24 PM
I put in a trouble ticket with the web host and they told me that this has been a problem with the new platform and they are trying to balance the servers to the traffic(??), so eventually it should improve.

I noticed that it does depend on when you login, it just took almost a minute for me to log in just now but early this am it took 4 seconds. There are alternatives such as dedicated servers and more expensive plans, but as of now we have a relatively small number of regular BB users, a fairly inexpensive website monthly cost, and especially NO advertisments or banner ads. We do have, I know, a vendor section but it is not 'in our face' every time we log in and is in fact more of a service to us (imho).

To have a forum like the H.A.M.B., Stovebolt, etc. would throw our budget in the hundred(s) of dollars a month range and require advertisement funding or (?). I think a little slowness is worth the alternative, what are your thoughts?
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/07/08 12:40 AM
If I was still on dail-up service (Which I'm NOT) This would take for ever for sure and I wouldn't be wasting time waiting for it to load. I am how ever on a HIGH Speed service and I can be On two-three other sites In Less time (At the sametime) and have them pages load alot faster ( AT the sametime) in what it takes for this site to now load up. Our home page loads in a Flash And so do the rest of the links on the left side of this site.
So in knowing many people are still on the old dail-up I'm sure we may very well see less traffic from those who are. and not
that i am anyone but i for one may not be spending as much time here. And no offence to anyone here. any web sites I go to if i have to spend much time waiting I just close it and move on to the next. I have always been this way Even when i had the old
daily-up network. When I had my old web site I was told by
many it took to long to load so I just closed it and went on.
So when I started my new site I took them old words to heart you
could say and I went with a different company site & server for my new site and So far I haven't had any of them old complaints about it being to slow. and I have been with them now for about 3yrs and only had 1 email issue which they took care of in less then a 24 hr period.

anyway this is my2cents. on how i think/feel about how slow it is now and what could happen when it comes to others trying to Veiw this site.
Posted By: Nexxussian Re: Bulletin Board - 03/07/08 07:48 AM
I for one do not mind banner ads, as long as there is only one banner. I have been to sites that have banners on three sides of the screen (didn't go back). The site being slow is merely an annoyance to me, as I am on broadband as well. Dialup would be torturously slow though as Twisted 6 said. I expect there are people now that are not logging on because of the time to load (or they think the site's down because of it).

I don't know how much exactly it would cost for a 'faster' allotment, but till the host gets their end sorted out I believe it is better to wait and see (as you implied).
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/07/08 10:45 AM
we used have banners that changed from one to another.And was paid by club members who had business,They also had and do have Ads in our 12 port. And the site still loaded far better then it
does no at this time. But I see no problem in having those banners put back up. I do have copies of those banners.
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/07/08 11:55 AM
i agree w/larry. many people are not coming on because of the painfull wait. i also have broad band at home and it takes 30-60 sec to come up.
titen, did you get contacted by the provider i sent your way? i do not know what we are spending, but he has real good rates and real people working for the clients. tom
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Bulletin Board - 03/07/08 02:00 PM
It seems faster this morning just browsing I haven't posted anything yet. I know,I know! I haven't ever posted ANYTHING yet!
Posted By: Nexxussian Re: Bulletin Board - 03/08/08 07:05 AM
Not sure who did what, but the board loads MUCH faster now. Hope that was the 'allotment' thing and it didn't cost any extra. Of course it's 1:00 am here, but then that's roghly when I check in here anyway, sooo???
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/08/08 11:47 AM
well it is 9:43 here in fla and IT SURELY Did NOT load any FASTER
today in the least bit. I was able to load 3 other web sites and
answer 4 ims in the time it took to get from the Our Home page
to the BB

So when this does get straightened OUT someone let me know Pease
in the mean time I outa here.I don't have time to just sit here
and wait. I'll check back in a few days
Posted By: chopped 40 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/08/08 12:18 PM
Hi guys,

I'm on Time Warner RoadRunner(which is fast) and a very fast computer here in Southern Ohio. Here's what I saw this morning.

Inliners page came up quickly.
Bulletin board took 45 seconds to come up.
Bench racing took 30 seconds to come up.
After that, switching to other topics was faster than a week ago but not as fast as the previous board.

One suggestion might be this.
I'm not an IT person but have been having to be my own admin person for years. I believe that this new server has a problem with the old posts and history. Perhaps it is being routed through a slower processer or IT line. Can I sugget that we save all the posts 2 years and older on a different server and start with a cleaner file.
Having to work daily on a work station, any time your speed decreases by only 5%-10% people get nasty and start throwing things. I see it daily. Titen, if we can purge all posts 2 years and older (of couse we should save them) and see if that helps the speed problem, then we'll know that all that past load needs to be compacted and perhaps put in an "Archive" folder. I know we like to go back and look up stuff but if it's prohibiting keeping members online and getting new members, perhaps we can switch our system just to provide current (2-years) info to be accessed faster and older stuff worth the wait.
Just a suggestion.

RapRap
1940 ChoppedChevyCoupe
Posted By: chopped 40 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/08/08 12:22 PM
PS-

It took over 1 minuted for this post to be submitted. A bit slow.
We are in the middle of a snow storm right now. We have 14+ inches of snow and are expecting 3-4 additional. This just south of Dayton, OH. I'm sure the Midwest servers are slow as most are inside and online!
I'll post some photos later of me doing some donuts in my driveway!

Rap
Posted By: chopped 40 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/09/08 09:51 AM
Titen,

What ever you did, you did the right thing! The bulletin board is as fast as it ever was. Great Job!
RapRap
1940 ChoppedChevyChoupe
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/09/08 10:05 AM
it is not loading fast for me.
the website is instant
the BB board took 30 sec
the first topic i looked at 30 sec
the second 30
the third 3 sec

i'll try some more tom

here is a edit 2 hrs later. now the BB comes up much faster?
it seemed that the first log on of the day was the slowest. now it is up to speed. tom
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/09/08 10:16 AM
i tried to edit the post above. it went to lala land. never did edit?
so why does the original logging on to the BB take so long? it seems once i am in and checked a few things, then it goes at normal speeds. tom
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/09/08 11:10 AM
Well it does seem to be much better today. as It loaded for me almost as quick as the main home page. so to me Now thats more like it. Even replying to a topic/post responded much faster.

I even just did a edit. and it is Like Click and it was off.So at this time i must say 100% better over day one.
Posted By: LGriffin_#4385 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/09/08 12:03 PM
Compared to the last few days it's lighting fast this morning. I can shut down solitaire now.

Larry
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/10/08 09:59 PM
Tim

Something else we need to do seeing we are Up Grading THE CLUBS
SITE for Paid MEMEBERS can we set-up the Classifieds Strictly
for PAID CLUB MEMBERS so that SCAMMERS can Not USE IT !!!!.I feel
The classifieds here is No different Then our 12 Port News WHICH is FOR Paid members ONLY!!

Posted By: Nexxussian Re: Bulletin Board - 03/11/08 02:50 AM
Well, it would seem that I spoke too soon, I couldn't get in yesterday (Sunday) and from the posts I have to believe that the site wasn't down. It's running slow today, fastest so far was a post I submitted about 5 minutes ago, it took 1 minute 34 seconds according to the readout :(.
Posted By: big bill I.I.#4698 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/11/08 09:01 AM
The site seems to be slowing down again. I have had several messages taking over a minute to load. Also my log in time was very slow this AM. I have a very fast computer with high speed connection, but this seems like dial-up.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/11/08 07:20 PM
YUP dail-up in slow Moooooooooooode lol
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/11/08 10:33 PM
titen, how much are we spending for this web hosting service? on a per month basis.
it is real slow for me right now. took a minute to post in the forced induction forum. this is testing my patience also. tom
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Bulletin Board - 03/12/08 01:24 AM
Yes, it is very slow for me tonight too. \:\(
It's has been slow since day one.

MBHD
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Bulletin Board - 03/12/08 11:21 PM
Over 4 minutes to get here!
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Bulletin Board - 03/12/08 11:26 PM
2 min. 33 sec. to post with 2 bad response messages. never mind!
Posted By: walt 1940....... Re: Bulletin Board - 03/13/08 01:44 AM
Takes too long.
Fast computer and fast DSL.
The old system was not like this.

Other sites are not slow.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/13/08 09:04 AM
to Slow is a understatement!! My old dail up was better then this
even when trying to down load videos.( ok some videos depending the the size) but the point is this is now really starting
To BITE and getting to the point of packing it in ????
Posted By: Titen Re: Bulletin Board - 03/13/08 02:37 PM
OK Guys, I know it's slow and I am working on ways to get it up to speed. I am spending a lot of time on this problem, and it's getting pretty frustrating, so posting about how slow it is every few hours doesn't help anything.

The latest answer I got from tech support, which finally sounds like it might make sense and show a little honesty, is that they are overwhelmed with their upgrade and the transition to new servers is going slower than anticipated. They host something like 350,000 accounts.

According to the web stats, our little web site has had over 5000 unique visitors, and used over 3GB of bandwidth already this month. Because they have been a good host in the past I am going to give them a while longer to complete the transition, besides, it is a real PITA to change hosts and redo all the web stuff.

So, let's see what happens with the BB speed issue in the next couple of weeks, I have a lot of updating to do on the rest of the site. Feel free to ask me any questions, except maybe 'why is the BB so slow?'.

Thanks, Tim
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/13/08 07:12 PM
We know it is not all in your hands and your doing what you can Tim.
Posted By: big bill I.I.#4698 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/13/08 09:31 PM
Gentleman I have an idea of what you can do while waiting for the BB to load. Write an article about your car or up date the pictures and info found in the racing area. Several cars have stated plans or hopes for the future but never updated to let us know how they turned out. Also it would be nice to have some additional tech articles written, maybe a piece on how to do a basic low dollar turbo, or anything else you wish to share with us. Just a thought.
Posted By: walt 1940....... Re: Bulletin Board - 03/14/08 12:13 PM
I agree Bill.

I would like to see a good up to date tech article on EFI as a Throttle Body and Multi Point, using EDIS and MegaSquirt, so we do not search all over the BB for answers.

If I was more informed on it, I would write it.
But I have not gotten off the ground with it yet.
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Bulletin Board - 03/14/08 01:48 PM
Tim, sorry,thanks for what you're doing. We know everything is not in your control. I just need my Inliners fix! No other BB out there does what is done here. I hope we never get as big as some!
Posted By: Nexxussian Re: Bulletin Board - 03/15/08 05:24 AM
Tim, I'm not complaining when I post. I figure you are on top of it and am just posting for feedback so you know if what you are doing is having a positive effect or not.

FWIW the board is running slow, but somewhat faster than the other day. Hope that helps.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/18/08 08:27 AM
Well I see the Board/traffic has pretty died out. Or it sure looks that way Very little action. snails on a coffee brake move better then? aw heck Im not complaining I can do more of other things now that i have more time And needed a brake anyway.:)
Larry, I cannot even read my PM's.
Need to email me direct.
I have not been able to read any PM's through this website.

MBHD
Posted By: strummin67 I.I. Re: Bulletin Board - 03/19/08 11:31 AM
I haven't been stopping by much either. The main reason is that I either don't have the time or patience for the page to load. This morning it loaded fast. Others it takes a minute or won't load at all.
Posted By: Titen Re: Bulletin Board - 03/19/08 06:19 PM
The promised speed up of the BB hasn't happened yet, and I am at least as frustrated as everybody else (probably more as I hear it from everyone).

This morning I started the procedure to do a host change and get a VPS (virtual private server) so, hopefully, by this time next week at the latest things should be 'up to speed'.

Expect the BB do be unavailabe at various times during the coming few days, and thanks for your patience and support.

Tim
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/19/08 06:55 PM
No Problem Tim do what you have to. Im sure about half bald now from pulling on your hair over this. I have also been looking into the BB services. through my web site host service.
Posted By: Nexxussian Re: Bulletin Board - 03/20/08 06:38 AM
Good to hear Mr Tim. Hope this cures it, I know it frustrates me when I run up against a problem that doesn't want to fix (especially when it's one that others have a hand in).
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Bulletin Board - 03/21/08 12:07 AM
Tim ,we know you have done your best, or as close to it as we deserve. I have no skills here, and the ones I have would serve no purpose other than to have me placed on on some government list of folks that should be watched more closely than anyone would want to watch me!
Posted By: Drew, II # 4211 Re: Bulletin Board - 03/23/08 08:58 AM
No problem here.Your patience is a virtue.Hope you are enjoying this Easter weekend and not fretting over the BB.
Posted By: Nexxussian Re: Bulletin Board - 03/23/08 08:45 PM
Happy Easter everybody. I too hope Mr. Tim is taking this one off. BB is a little faster today tho, don't know if that's the board, or fewer people online today taking up bandwidth .
Posted By: SCRAPIRON, #4711 Re: Bulletin Board - 04/05/08 08:10 PM
NOW YA' TALKING !!! IT WAS UP BEFORE MY FINGER CLEARED THE KEY..SCRAP
Posted By: Titen Re: Bulletin Board - 04/05/08 08:12 PM
OK Guys, We're baaaack,keep your fingers crossed!
Posted By: big bill I.I.#4698 Re: Bulletin Board - 04/05/08 08:31 PM
Tim
I don't know how long it will last but it is running as fast or faster now than it ever did. I want to thank you for your hard work at getting it converted over to a quicker system. This should make everyone very happy.
Thanks again for your effort.
Big Bill
Posted By: Hoyt Re: Bulletin Board - 04/05/08 09:25 PM
Tim,

Great work! I'll keep my fingers crossed, but so far the response is really fast.

It is great to have this forum and communication with the Inliners back.
Posted By: Wagoneer Re: Bulletin Board - 04/06/08 01:07 AM
Woohoo, Tim, you da MAN!
Posted By: Boogiemanz1 Re: Bulletin Board - 04/06/08 02:49 AM
For weeks I couldn't get on the bulletin board......it's smokin now...thanks..jb
Posted By: strummin67 I.I. Re: Bulletin Board - 04/06/08 04:22 AM
That was fast!
Posted By: 66chevyIImuskie Re: Bulletin Board - 04/06/08 04:41 AM
It's beautiful baby!!! From Zero to Logged-In in 4.61 milliseconds! Smokin!
Posted By: chopped 40 Re: Bulletin Board - 04/06/08 09:16 AM
Tim,

That's the ticket. I knew we had the right person for the job.
You deserve a "Atta-Boy" from everyone who uses the Bulletin Board and the Website!
Thanks for your deligence and effort on this fix!

RapRap
1940 ChoppedChevyCoupe
Posted By: Xerxes Re: Bulletin Board - 04/06/08 09:48 AM
Allrighty, it's back!!!

thank you, thank you, thank you
Posted By: stock49 Re: Bulletin Board - 04/06/08 12:12 PM
I missed it while it was down . . . but it was worth the wait.

Blazing fast . . . nice work Tim!
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Bulletin Board - 04/06/08 12:31 PM
Tim, Thanks! I just checked it out this morning like I have been doing and it was here! I missed this place! \:D
Posted By: 53chevy Re: Bulletin Board - 04/06/08 08:43 PM
Tim
Thank you! I know what you have been going through and we all appreciate the great job you are doing.
Luke
Posted By: Drew, II # 4211 Re: Bulletin Board - 04/06/08 08:54 PM
Just set a new INLINERS log on record. Way to go Tim \:D
Posted By: RichardJ Re: Bulletin Board - 04/06/08 09:28 PM
Fantastic!! Not to mention incredibly FAST !!!! Great job. Thanks, doesn't say enough.
Posted By: jalopy45 #4899 Re: Bulletin Board - 04/07/08 01:09 PM
My hat is off to the members responsible for the upgrade!! FANTASTIC!!!
Posted By: JOE LARSON Re: Bulletin Board - 04/07/08 02:34 PM
'ATTABOY' Tim...........Thanks!
Posted By: Herb I.I.#3241 Re: Bulletin Board - 04/08/08 01:52 AM
Very fast. Thank you Tim for all your hard work! Herb
Posted By: Turbo-6 Re: Bulletin Board - 04/08/08 08:47 PM
"nothing is too fast... but life"

Tim whatever you did works great-THANKS

Harry
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Bulletin Board - 04/10/08 12:54 PM
Tim you have done awesome Job of getting the Board back up and running nicely once again. Hats off to you. At this time i am
considering resigning as Moderator.
Thank you.
Posted By: Titen Re: Bulletin Board - 04/10/08 01:34 PM
Sorry to hear that Larry, send me a PM and let me know your feelings.
Posted By: Nexxussian Re: Bulletin Board - 04/11/08 12:18 AM
Much faster thanks Tim and anyone else that helped him.
Posted By: 52er Re: Bulletin Board - 04/11/08 12:00 PM
this is a test
Posted By: pinebluffdude Re: Bulletin Board - 04/16/08 01:48 AM
Welcome, this is Dave from Pine Bluff, Arkansas.
I have a 91 Chevy Pick up w/ 250 six cylinder / intergrated head.
I got the truck for $400 and it needs some TLC
My only hold up to TLC... Do Re Me
Posted By: Drew, II # 4211 Re: Bulletin Board - 04/16/08 08:32 AM
Welcome to the Inliners Board Dave.Do Re Me is always a problem. Good Luck with your project.There is plenty of info on this site and Inliners to offer many opinions.After checking us out,please consider becoming a dues paying member and find a local Inliners chapter near you. \:\)
Posted By: pinebluffdude Re: Bulletin Board - 04/17/08 01:57 AM
I did not see any INLINER CHAPTERS located in Arkansas.
Maybe I could start a chapter.
Posted By: Twisted6 Re: Bulletin Board - 04/17/08 08:31 AM
Right now there is only 5 or so members in your area.Over on the left you check to see what chapter mit be closest to you. Or get with the guys right in your area and see if they want to forum a chapter. If there is enough paid Members in good standings. It can be put to Vote for a chapter in your area. You will also have to deside who Will be the Chapter Head for said area.
Hope this helps.
Posted By: pinebluffdude Re: Bulletin Board - 04/18/08 12:14 AM
OK Great. I will look into finding members and
deciding who brings what food to the meeting.
No Junk Food... Only Cookies, Cake and Milk.
Posted By: HiTork Re: Bulletin Board - 04/20/08 12:48 AM
This is a posting test.
Posted By: Hud I Re: Bulletin Board - 04/23/08 11:54 AM
This is a posting test.
Posted By: Drew, II # 4211 Re: Bulletin Board - 04/23/08 12:42 PM
This is not a posting test! :)Sorry,couldn't resist.
Posted By: Titen Re: Bulletin Board - 04/23/08 04:11 PM
This isn't either. Really, I posted these for BB members who are having trouble posting to help in troubleshooting the problem. Perhaps I should have explained at the time.

Tim
Posted By: LGriffin_#4385 Re: Bulletin Board - 04/23/08 05:12 PM
Tim, Did you read my msgs. on how I solved my posting problem. Went into "My Cookies", deleted the cookies, logged out and back in. May not solve every bodies problem, seems to have solved mine. I can post again.

Larry
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: Bulletin Board - 04/23/08 11:57 PM
When ever I get into COOKIES it solves some of my problems, at least it makes them tolerable!
Posted By: pinebluffdude Re: Bulletin Board - 05/12/08 11:09 PM
I talked to my friend at the junkyard near my house.
He is going to sell me a whole 250 CID motor for $100
SCORE !!!
So there you have it...
The sun even shines on a dogs butt every now and then.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board