Inliners International
Posted By: 52er John Meredith - 05/09/10 11:31 PM
John---are you out there---just checking to see if your doing OK............Lee
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: John Meredith - 05/11/10 09:08 PM
He hasn't answered emails lately. Actually they have come back undelivered. Beater
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: John Meredith - 05/12/10 02:09 AM
Has anyone herd from John?
Posted By: 52er Re: John Meredith - 05/12/10 11:27 PM
 Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
He hasn't answered emails lately. Actually they have come back undelivered. Beater
Same for me---I wonder if he changed his address and didn`t let anyone know---kinda worried about him........Lee
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: John Meredith - 05/12/10 11:42 PM
I just called the phone # We have for John and the voice mail is full. This worries me. If anyone has another way to contact him please try. Beater
Posted By: 52er Re: John Meredith - 09/02/10 07:23 PM
This is bad news----I got on to a web page of Johns and back in April 2010 someone entered a note that said---we will miss you RIP. I have tried to pull up some obits from his home town of Apple Valley California and have had no luck on getting a date when John passed---a more noted computer person would have better luck---------Apple Valley-----resting place of Roy Rogers---why John always signed off on his posts with " HAPPY TRAILS " I will miss him a lot------good man...............Lee
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: John Meredith - 09/02/10 11:20 PM
This is indeed sad news. I tried every contact I had for him a few months back and found them filled with unanswered messages. I knew something was up when I stopped getting frequent emails. Many of his posts still live here. There are the ones we just saw on the thread about the GMC rear main seal. He was unique and one of the first to befriend me here. John's vast experience as a GM tech will be missed here. "There are no short cuts to any place worth going." was his signature. 52er, Thanks for letting us know. Beater
Posted By: tlowe #1716 Re: John Meredith - 09/02/10 11:45 PM
I will miss him. Tom
Posted By: Drew, II # 4211 Re: John Meredith - 09/03/10 07:57 AM
Very sorry to read this. He was always a gentleman and patient in his responses to me.
Posted By: 50 GMC Re: John Meredith - 09/03/10 10:02 AM
Doesn't look like there was a lot of information posted - I did a pretty thorough search and found only a single website that mentioned anything:

John Harrison Meredith

* BORN: September 26, 1941
* DIED: April 10, 2010

http://www.tributes.com/show/John-Meredith-88454078#
Posted By: 52er Re: John Meredith - 09/04/10 01:00 AM
 Originally Posted By: Ken
Doesn't look like there was a lot of information posted - I did a pretty thorough search and found only a single website that mentioned anything:

John Harrison Meredith

* BORN: September 26, 1941
* DIED: April 10, 2010

No wonder we couldn`t find out anything..............Thanks for the info-----his web site is still up----says a little about his life. Just punch up web site for John Meridith--Apple Valley California. He had some stuff to do with the movies and owned a towing service, went to college too...........Lee

http://www.tributes.com/show/John-Meredith-88454078#
Posted By: Titen Re: John Meredith - 09/04/10 12:24 PM
Does anyone have a link to John's website? My searches don't bring up anything.

Tim
Posted By: 52er Re: John Meredith - 09/04/10 12:49 PM
 Originally Posted By: Titen
Does anyone have a link to John's website? My searches don't bring up anything.

Tim
All I did was put in Web site for John Meridith--Apple Valley California----it comes up as a My Space site
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: John Meredith - 09/04/10 03:02 PM
Here you go, not what I expected. It seems there was more to him than Inlines. Do you suppose some of the rest of us have depth? He was also younger than I thought, only two years older than me. I thought he was an old guy. Beater

videojohn
Posted By: 52er Re: John Meredith - 09/04/10 03:37 PM
He was much older in wisdom----I had some nice phone calls with him and he was well versed in politics and the going ons in California----very colorful in speech---smart guy----------I miss the old guy...........Lee
Posted By: 6inarow I.I. #1475 Re: John Meredith - 09/04/10 04:19 PM
Wow. bummer
Posted By: stock49 Re: John Meredith - 09/06/10 12:15 AM
There was way more to John then cars. But he did get his start in video production shooting/assembling the subject. Here's a clip still out on YouTube that he made in the mid-80's S.C.O.R.E.post-on-YT "Tame by today's standards but fun" - his own words.

Anyone who exchanged emails regularly will recognize his preferred incredimail tag:

I'll miss his don't fix what ain't broke attitude . . .
Posted By: Nexxussian Re: John Meredith - 09/09/10 04:08 AM
Crud, I was wondering why I hadn't seen him post in a while.

I'll miss him as well (as the rest that have posted).
© Inliners International Bulletin Board