Inliners International
Posted By: Pritch Will a Ford 300 'bolt right in' to a Ranger? - 11/04/16 11:02 PM
My kid has a 2000 Ranger that is getting kinda tired. His friend has a good running 300 that he claims will drop right in no problem. I'm kinda skeptical. What say the guru's?
Pritch,
I have heard of the 200 being put into a Ranger but not a 300.I would be curious as to if it would fit length wise.The 300 is in the 32" to 34" length range. There use to be kits to put 429/460 motors in them, so who knows it might fit.
Thanks. I'll have to do some measuring. It would be cool if it fits.
I doubt it will fit right in. Don't be afraid to indent the firewall even if you have to eliminate the heater core/plenum box. Small aftermarket heaters are available.

Bear in mind all the front accessories in the six mount behind the front cylinder, whereas the accessories in a V-thing mount ahead of the heads, lessening the differences in overall length.
I am not an expert on that conversion but as I understand it is not a direct bolt in but it has been done. The mounts and various other things have to be fabed and it seems like hood clearance might have been a problem so measure length, width, and over all height. Also the weight is more. You didn't say what engine the ranger has now. I read some about this several years ago but don't remember it all. You also need to consider transmission connection, and flywheel/flex plate fit. I think you may discover that most of that won't connect. Good luck if you do it you will have one torque monster of a truck.
It will be an interesting swap if you decide to do it though. Keep us posted on your decision.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board