Inliners International
Posted By: SCRAPIRON, #4711 what do i have here - 01/07/13 05:31 PM
[img][/img]

[img][/img]

This motor looks like a 300 inline 6. It has a 4 inch bore but has no Ford type casting numbers. The only thing I can find are in the photos. On the passenger side you see what looks like a Z4 and on the drivers side a Z6. Any ideas ??? J
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: what do i have here - 01/07/13 06:49 PM
I'd say a Ford 300
Posted By: SCRAPIRON, #4711 Re: what do i have here - 01/07/13 08:06 PM
Thats what i say too...!! Just wondering about the "non typical" to me, casting marks...J
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: what do i have here - 01/07/13 09:33 PM
Could it have been an industrial version, a non Ford contract. or even a non sanctioned counterfeit? Frenchtown Flyer should be able to help. They don't cast Ford blocks without his permission. \:\)
Posted By: SCRAPIRON, #4711 Re: what do i have here - 01/07/13 11:28 PM
Yep, I'm just waiting for him to come out of the weeds. Hope it's something he has been looking for for years and I can trade it to him for a good Kbar pocket knife...J
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: what do i have here - 01/08/13 12:20 AM
A good old carbon steel Kbar. I hate stainless knives. They always look like they should be sharp but they aren't. I wouldn't even trade a Ford block for a stainless knife.
Posted By: SCRAPIRON, #4711 Re: what do i have here - 01/08/13 01:26 AM
At one time i had about 300 xx,usa,10 dot Cases,a few Kbars,Remingtons and some traders. Sold most of them over the last 2 years. I kept about 50 just to look at and feel of. I just love the feel of a good knife in my hand.
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: what do i have here - 01/08/13 02:50 PM
It is easier to take a gun from someone without getting shot than to take a knife away without getting cut, unless of course you have a gun. It's also easier to get a Ford block away from someone than a Chevy. \:D
Posted By: panic Re: what do i have here - 01/08/13 03:23 PM
Using a gun big enough that someone can grab it means you have to stand far enough away that he can't reach it.
I find that when someone grabs the barrel, shooting his fingers off generally makes him let go.
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: what do i have here - 01/08/13 03:36 PM
 Originally Posted By: panic
Using a gun big enough that someone can grab it means you have to stand far enough away that he can't reach it.
I find that when someone grabs the barrel, shooting his fingers off generally makes him let go.

Thats funny! \:D
Posted By: SCRAPIRON, #4711 Re: what do i have here - 01/08/13 03:37 PM
I came by the block by mistake. I tell you one thing in the dark it looks like a Chevy, feels like a Chevy and, come daylight like a lot of events in our youth do you see the real color...!! just saying...J
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: what do i have here - 01/08/13 07:32 PM
Things do tend to look different in the morning. All blocks look alike in the dark. Remember how different old Fords smelled from old Chevys? MOPARs had their own aroma too.
I guess the guy I saw at the bar had tried to grab Panic's pistol. \:D
Posted By: jalopy45 #4899 Re: what do i have here - 01/10/13 11:02 PM
 Originally Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585
 Originally Posted By: panic

Thats funny! \:D

He's in New Yawk so he's probably serious, but that is funny... \:o
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: what do i have here - 01/10/13 11:58 PM
So, where is Frenchtown Flyer? He posted on the board but skipped over Jerry's block dilemma. Maybe this is the reason the Ford 300 is the best kept secret in drag racing. Even their proponents don't notice them. \:D Or maybe the guns and knives turned him off. \:\(
Posted By: SCRAPIRON, #4711 Re: what do i have here - 01/11/13 12:34 PM
Guys around here cant believe I don't have a 350/350 in my Ol' Chevy. May just build this thing up and piss them off worse.!!!!, you know "be a trend SETTER,not a trend FOLLOWER" Hey, i bet that would be a first, a Ford 6 in a 50 Chevy.
Posted By: Beater of the Pack Re: what do i have here - 01/11/13 02:12 PM
There are two '50s Chevy pickups in this small town that have all Ford engines, trannys and rear ends. One has Ford front suspension. Both run Ford 5 lug wheels. They are both V8s so naturally I don't associate with them. \:\)
Posted By: preacher-no choir Re: what do i have here - 01/11/13 03:48 PM
I see you're from Marble Falls, either you fell on the marble, or the marble fell on you, anyway you were standing too close to it! Too much Austin weird. Thats like eating salsa made in new york--get a rope!!
Posted By: preacher-no choir Re: what do i have here - 01/11/13 03:51 PM
Dem guys is plumb nasty, like eating possum wifout gravy!
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: what do i have here - 01/11/13 03:54 PM
Did the crank in the pics come with it as well, what is the casting # on it. It could also be a 240 block, depends on the crank you put in it.
Posted By: SCRAPIRON, #4711 Re: what do i have here - 01/11/13 07:22 PM
No, the crank is a Chevy 328880. They just loaded up the wrong block. Came all the way from Idaho and to far to ship back. We have planned this switch for a year and meet Christmas in Colorado and made the switch. I need a 292 block as i have been gathering up stuff for a build. I will try to do some swapping local.
Posted By: lowboygmc Re: what do i have here - 05/06/13 10:24 PM
I have a 292 block i hasn'e been vatted or magnifluxed but it was from a runnin truk have most all the internals except it is missing one maincap #6 i think it might be over bored to i'm in glendale don't know if i can help out
Posted By: SCRAPIRON, #4711 Re: what do i have here - 05/09/13 10:22 PM
Thanks for the offer, A local frind has a 292 in a out of service dump truck at his ranch and gave me the motor out of it...I just have to pull it !!! I plan to do that this fall when all the Rattle Snakes den up !!
Posted By: Rod C Re: what do i have here - 06/28/13 01:21 AM
It's a Ford casting, notice the "CF" logo? "Cleveland Foundry". Sorry I don't know the size, newbie to the Ford inline group. I spent some time working at Ford's MCC (Michigan Casting Center) and we had a 6-cyl casting line, late 70s till it closed in early 80s.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board