Inliners International
Posted By: nln6pinto Dutra Duals from AussieSpeed. - 03/03/18 02:46 PM
Thought I would share this from AussieSpeeds faceBook page.
"It is official, Dutra Dual headers are now to be made in Australia. A recent article on an engine build in Hotrod Magazine published a gain of 77 Hp with a combo that included Aussiespeed manifold, Dutra Duals and a Holley carb. Aussiespeed purchased the tooling from Doug Dutra."
Side Note.Mark who owns AussieSpeed is an Inliners member and Chapter Head for Inliners in Austrailia.
Posted By: panic Re: Dutra Duals from AussieSpeed. - 03/03/18 03:34 PM
...along with bigger valves, camshaft, head mill.
Definitely possible, just not quite as simple as their short shopping list, which would represent more than 50% power increase.
Posted By: nln6pinto Re: Dutra Duals from AussieSpeed. - 03/03/18 09:15 PM
http://www.hotrod.com/articles/slant-sickness-add-77-hp-mopar-slant-six/ Camshaft and head mill yes.
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: Dutra Duals from AussieSpeed. - 03/03/18 10:59 PM
Rich, I also participated in this article myself with a product of my own, and the article is somewhat misleading. The topic of the gains of the Dutra Duals is well documented by previous testing on the Slant 6 forum, and they average about 8-10 HP over the stock exhaust manifold in other tests. While headers gain considerably more. Gain is still good though. As panic mentioned, the actual gains are somewhat skewed by the addition of many other upgrades.
Posted By: nln6pinto Re: Dutra Duals from AussieSpeed. - 03/04/18 02:35 AM
CnC duly noted.. but the original intent of my post was just to say that the duals were going to be made available again.
Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585 Re: Dutra Duals from AussieSpeed. - 03/04/18 11:22 AM
Just adding more accuracy to the discussion as panic was doing. Also, its more a change in ownership and nothing more, they were always available from Doug even up until this change in ownership and never discontinued or unavailable.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board