Inliners International
Posted By: Slick Steve 51' Wayfarer Project. Take a look! - 05/14/09 09:38 PM
Hi there!

I am new to Inliners. I have posted a couple times in other forums on here, and then found the Mopar forum so I HAD to post here \:D

Here is a few pics of work I got done last night...

Let me know what you think!
I think it's looking great! There'll be two of those air cleaners? What kind of plug wires are you using? Good work.
Posted By: Slick Steve Re: 51' Wayfarer Project. Take a look! - 05/15/09 10:34 AM
Thanks! Yes 2 of the air cleaners. They are from a Hudson Twin H set up. The plug wires are 7mm cloth, with a clear coating to keep them from fraying. I got them from:

http://www.thehotrodcompany.com/

They were a piece of cake to put together and look great!
Posted By: Xerxes Re: 51' Wayfarer Project. Take a look! - 05/15/09 05:11 PM
That's a great car. Don't see those much and nice to see one coming back to life. That'll make a really cool driver!

Sincerely:
Paul...aka xerxes
Posted By: Slick Steve Re: 51' Wayfarer Project. Take a look! - 05/16/09 06:29 PM
A little more progress today. Got the fuel lines all done and working on the linkage for the injectors...

Getting close!
Posted By: Ray Bell Re: 51' Wayfarer Project. Take a look! - 05/22/09 12:44 PM
When did the Hudson 'Twin H' come out? Never heard of it before, but I'm guessing it's the early fifties era when they had the big six.

Lovely stuff, thanks for posting the pics. I can only hope that one day my 230 will look half that good.
1952 according to a web search.
Posted By: Slick Steve Re: 51' Wayfarer Project. Take a look! - 05/23/09 11:09 PM
Thanks everyone! I believe the Hudson air cleaners were on 52-54 308s in the Hornets.
Posted By: seanMCMAHON Re: 51' Wayfarer Project. Take a look! - 11/13/09 09:47 PM
GOT ANY MORE OF THOSE METEORS AROUND?
Posted By: Ray Bell Re: 51' Wayfarer Project. Take a look! - 11/15/09 08:43 AM
And who was to know that just a couple of months later I'd get a good look at a Hudson with the 'Twin H-Power' setup?

This is on a very nice car recently imported here. While Hudsons sold in Australia until the mid-fifties, numbers were dwindling and they certainly didn't offer such options in our market.
Ray, Here's some. Hudsons
Steve, Is the '51 Wayfarer running on those Merteors yet?
Here's an injected Mopar flat 6
© Inliners International Bulletin Board