Inliners International
Posted By: TB Need advice-225 Slant 6 Split Exhaust - 07/14/09 11:18 PM
I have a '64 Valiant Convertible with a 225 Slant Six and Pushbutton automatic. I like the idea of a split exhaust. What can you tell me about this?
Thanks,
Tim
On some engines, the factory cast exhaust manifold can be modified with having a second outlet added to it(welded), so it can be like a dual exhaust coming off of the cylinder head, as opposed to having to buy and install headers. If you look at a picture of some of the Fenton cast iron header manifolds, it would resemble that type of a setup. You would have the front 3 cylinders having a seperate manifold than the back 3 cylinders. Fabbing a set of tube headers might be easier than cutting and trying to section and weld a cast iron manifold. Just depends on what kind of stuff(equipment)you have access to.
I am wondering about the old hyper pack 6 225 CI

High compression 4 bbl carb & maybe split exhaust manifold?

I thought they had a split exhaust,but I am not that much into Mopars as my friends are.

MBHD
Posted By: TB Re: Need advice-225 Slant 6 Split Exhaust - 07/15/09 09:04 PM
Thanks for the information. I was thinking someone out there may have had experience with splitting the slant six manifold and might have some advice as to where to place the second outlet, should it be directed a particular direction.
Thanks again.
Tim
Posted By: TB Re: Need advice-225 Slant 6 Split Exhaust - 07/15/09 09:10 PM
I have a Clifford 4bbl intake and will add a quadrajet and I am going to update the ignition to a later model electronic, but I haven't decided if I am going to update the cam. I have seen some articles regarding the Hyperpacks. They are impressive. The 225 already has a 12 port head and forged crank. Open up the breathing a bit and the performance should surprise some people.
Thanks for the reply.
Tim
Posted By: walpolla Re: Need advice-225 Slant 6 Split Exhaust - 07/16/09 08:21 PM
hello,
Dutra duals might be an option for you.
see here

regards,Rod
Posted By: TB Re: Need advice-225 Slant 6 Split Exhaust - 07/16/09 11:06 PM
I took a look at the website and it looks juat exactly what I am looking for. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
I'm most greatful,
Tim
Posted By: walpolla Re: Need advice-225 Slant 6 Split Exhaust - 07/16/09 11:21 PM
you're welcome.
the font of all knowledge SLANT is here

regards,Rod
Found this.
Not sure if it helps any.

http://www.foundationpc.com/press/press66d.html#hyper

MBHD
Posted By: TB Re: Need advice-225 Slant 6 Split Exhaust - 07/18/09 08:28 PM
Rod-
Thanks, I'll go to this forum often.
Thanks again,
Tim
Posted By: TB Re: Need advice-225 Slant 6 Split Exhaust - 07/18/09 08:29 PM
MBHD-
I printed the posting. Great information.
Thanks,
Tim
© Inliners International Bulletin Board