Inliners International
Posted By: Joe62pu Another brake question - 04/30/05 11:02 PM
The research I've done says the rear brakes aren't self adjusting. So would I be able to go with rear brakes from 63-up easily to have that feature? Or how bad is it to have non self adjusting? I just want the underpinnings to be as safe as can be.
Posted By: Joe62pu Re: Another brake question - 04/30/05 11:05 PM
Oops, the truck is a 62 C10.
Posted By: bob308 Re: Another brake question - 05/01/05 10:22 AM
i dont think it is a problem. as long as you keep after them. that is the main reasion we have all the computers on cars now people are lazy and they dont keep after their cars. so the computer does it for them.

i am not sure but if the holes in the backing plates from a later mdel truck match up then it would be no problem. and i think you mite be in luck the way things interchange with chevy.
now if you got real lucky and found a heavy duty set up front and rear. that would give you 3" wide liners and you would not have to worry about disc brakes.
Posted By: Joe62pu Re: Another brake question - 05/01/05 02:59 PM
Was that available in 6-lug?
Posted By: bob308 Re: Another brake question - 05/02/05 08:36 AM
only in 6 lug. when they went to 5 lug on the trucks they also went to discs on the front in 71.
Posted By: John H. Meredith Re: Another brake question - 05/02/05 11:49 AM
Dear Joe;

If you learn to adjust the brakes you won't need to change anything.

Spend your efforts on your 261" engine & perhaps take an Auto Shop class @ your local Jr. College.

Good luck, John M.......
Posted By: Joe62pu Re: Another brake question - 05/02/05 03:19 PM
Thanks, I am a 27 year old ASE certified mechanic, just not working one everyone else's new stuff anymore \:\) . I was mainly looking to see if anyone had tackled these mods before, to see what I was getting into or if someone had a better idea. Thanks again!

Bob, so there's a 3" brake option out there huh? Should be able to acquire those parts at the parts store?
Posted By: bob308 Re: Another brake question - 05/02/05 07:53 PM
the liners only. it took special front spindels and backing plates front and rear. i had heard of it in 74 and have been looking for one ever since. i wanted to put it on my 69 396 short bed pick up. i heard it was mostly used panel trucks and suburans
Posted By: Joe62pu Re: Another brake question - 05/02/05 11:19 PM
I'll keep my eyes open for that.
© Inliners International Bulletin Board