Print Thread
Rate Thread
stock49 Offline OP
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
. . . only to die violently:
216 Blowing Up

This old machine seemed to try very hard not to succumb . . .

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I'm not even a Chevy guy but to me that just seems so wrong. Like food fights , hot dog eating contests, and pulling the wings off of flies, I think you have to be a special sort of twisted to enjoy watching that.

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
216s are a far better engine than most folks think. They usually die from abuse and not use. How long would a Ford flathead run in that situation? In the early '60s I sadly watched what had been a pristine '37 Chevy coupe win a destruction derby against a lot of much bigger '50s cars mostly because it kept running. At the end they could not shut it off. They finally brought out a fire truck and sprayed water into the carb.
This video reminds me of that and a story a guy told me about him and his brother trying to rid their family of an embarrassing Studebaker 6 by placing a brick on the foot feed and letting it run wide open in the driveway. When their dad got home it was still running and so were they.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
D
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
D
Why would someone start this engine with no water in no radiator and then leave it running in order to watch it "blow up"?

This is someone not to be trusted with machinery of any kind.

i have, in my time, driven motor vehicles hard, but i have never tried to destroy an engine. My father, long gone, would rise up and set me on the Right Road, steering from behind! Well he might.

May God have mercy.

d
Inliner #1450

D
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
D
If you check this guys other videos he turned the '47 into a chopped up hot rod with that other engine. Claims he tried to give the "6" away.

Drew
Mid-Atlantic Chapter
stock49 Offline OP
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
 Originally Posted By: don 1450
Why would someone start this engine with no water in no radiator and then leave it running in order to watch it "blow up"?

I think it is selfishness. "I can't use this thing so I will make sure that no one else can."

My brother in law had a nicely built '69 Nova back in the day. Someone stole it and took it for a joy ride. It wasn't enough for them to drive it around for a bit and leave it on the road side for the police to find. Instead they took it out on the freeway; punched a hole in the oil filter; cut the hoses; and then drove it until it would drive no more . . . selfishness through and through.

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 218 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available