#43777 09/21/08 06:20 PM
R
russk Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
R
Guys:

Just a heads up: There's a vintage Algon mechanical fuel injection manifold for the Chevy 230/250/292 inline six currently listed on ebay with about three (3) days left on the bidding. It looks like it's in reasonable shape and the "buy it now" price is $1,299 - not exactly cheap but you don't see such equipment very often.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Darn, every time I think something cool is going unnoticed someone finds it and posts it for the rich guys to see. All I get is the junk no one wants!

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
J
Contributor
Contributor
J
Algon made injection for all kinds of engines especially the ones Hilborn would not do. I notice this one does not have a pump. Al normally converted Cherry-Berrel pumps from surplus military and installed adjustable returns so you had no bypass "pill" holder. His nozzles were also a little different.

I have converted both of mine to Hilborn/Enderle style. I like Enderle nozzles. I see the "buy it now" is pretty high for what is there; might be the minumum. The tubes look to be quite small so it would be best for gasoline. He had a great design for his barrel valves.

The only thing I disliked about his design was the manifold it self have the exhaust and intaports on the same manifold adding heat to the intake. If you were to convert this for the street with electronics it would be trick and work great....Good Luck......JD

216.158 MPH 12-Port 302 GMC on 70% 171.0 MPH 302 stock head on gasoline 7 years later
C
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
C
I bid on the intake and got it, sorry. I've been looking for one for years. It'll be awhile, but I plan to put it on a 292/4 speed in a straight axle 62 Nova. Also have an old Clifford 3X2 high-rise that I might swap back and forth.

Don't know anything about FI though, so it'll be a learning experience from the get-go.

Last edited by chevy2inreno; 10/02/08 03:35 PM.
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
If you are not learning stuff here you're just not paying attention! That Nova project really sounds neat. A bad little inline gasser, what fun!

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
X
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
X
Here is a link to a BB about mechanical injection. I've been a member there for a bout 5 years an it has been extreemly educational. There is a membership fee to to get to the really good stuff and the guy that runs the board has an excellent booklet about what you need to know about setting your injection up.

http://hre.com/

Faster, faster, faster, till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death........
B
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
B
I had an Algon injection for a 331 Chrysler hemi that had adjustable nozzles. They had a knurled thumb screw knob on each nozzle that you could turn to adjust the fuel flow. It was supposed to be good for pump gas to 25% alky according to the book that came with it. I can't say how it worked since I sold all of my hemi stuff years ago and never run it.

Tom

Building a '69 C10 short stepside mild custom.
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Man, there's a lot of Toms here!

Tom

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (OldCarKook), 216 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Skulptorchaz, Ryan Clark, chevy454, TCH54, beansprout01
6,778 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available