Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
XXL Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
Are there any over-the-counter spark plug wire loom brackets for the Chevy inlines? I'm looking for something that adequately clamps them together 2, then 3, then 4, and so on, until all 6 have come together before the distributor. Pics would be awesome.

M
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
M
I think most guys would just take one of the generic v8 sets and use what they needed. The plastic clip over the wire kind or the fancier sets.
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch....inresults=false
The Moroso wire separators shown should work unless you want brackets to hold the wires in place then you would have to do some trimming and fabricating.

1948 Chev pickup.
C
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
C
I'm using Taylor Spiro Pro 10.4 Race Wires and its wire clamp-style separators on my 250. The link is:
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail...15&autoview=sku
They are too simple but expensive and I suppose all Taylor separators are the same low quality. So, don't buy Taylor ones. Pictures in inliners rides alex's brazilian opala.
That's my opinion. Thanks.

Inline power!
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
XXL, You mean something like this? I just got a set from Autozone and used one. It is adjustable to fit almost any valve cover. Hope this helps you.

-Ted
BTW, sorry for the size of the pic. I gotta fix that for future posts.

XXL Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
Thanks all. It was silly of me not to think of just using part of a V8 set.

XXL Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
And on a side note... Ted, tell me about that water neck. The PO did some kind of "double neck" on mine where he took the base of one and used it as a "gasket" for another. I can't find a pic at present, but just imagine ugly.

Major Contributor
Major Contributor
Nice work, Ted. Where can I see more pics?

Martin
'64 Nova wagon
'69 C10
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Yes,Ted lets see the other side! XXL thanks for asking,you never know how well the answers will look.Dare to be silly!

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
Here you go fellas, another view. I have since put Clifford shortie headers and dual exhaust with glasspacks. When I get back home from Baghdad, I'm changing the glasspacks to Flowmasters (Super 44s) since I can get them with inlet and outlet on the same side.

XXL- The engine came from an '69 truck and the waterneck was with it. There was a "flat" spot on the passenger side of it that I drilled and tapped for my water temp sensor. The thermostat housing is a polished 360 degree swivel type.

Some more pics can be seen here: http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f301/tedgriffith/65chevelleMalibu292/. When I get back home and tend to my Malibu, I'll add some more pics. I have tons of things I'll be doing like A/C and weatherstripping and possible custom paint work. Thank you very much for the kudos. These pictures reflect how much knowledge and assistance that I.I.B.B. have given me and it keeps me going. \:D

-Ted

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
A Very Nice Job Inside and Out Ted. One sweet ride.

Larry/Twisted6
[oooooo] smile
Adding CFM adds boost smile
shocked God doesn't like ugly.
O
Contributor
Contributor
O
Hey Ted,

Do the loom brackets attach to the valve cover?

Active BB Member
Active BB Member
olCurt1966, yes. I used the the middle and the last valve cover bolts. The "tabs" on the bracket were adjustable to slide to where I needed it. I believe the loom is Mr. Gasket brand.

-Ted

H
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
H
Ted there has been a discussion lately re. turnint the carb sideways as you have done. Did you try it fore and aft first?Then decide to change it? How was performance affected? Thanks Herb

68 Camaro 250 Clifford intake headers Holly 700r4 3:08 Cruiser I.I.3241
XXL Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ted65Mali:

Do you recall what plug wire set that's spec'd for? If I look up my '69, the catalogs show non-HEI wires. And the parts guy wasn't... cough cough... sharp enough to find anything in later years.

Active BB Member
Active BB Member
XXL,

The wires are Accel "cut-to-fit" type for V-thingys. I don't have a part number on them but I know they also came with different style boots if needed for different cap styles. Again, from Autozone-but any of those style parts stores should have them. Hope this helps.

-Ted

T
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
T
Is the coil the same as a v8 coil? I just replaced the cap and rotor on my 82 chevy truck with a 250 inline 6 and it looked the same as one that goes on a small block v8.

XXL Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
 Quote:
Originally posted by Trashpiece:
Is the coil the same as a v8 coil? I just replaced the cap and rotor on my 82 chevy truck with a 250 inline 6 and it looked the same as one that goes on a small block v8.
I asked Mallory about what "performance" in-cap coil they recommended and they responded with #8225, which happens to be the same for V8 applications... so I think the answer is yes. BTW, I picked up an 8225 off fleabay for less than half what Jegs and Summit had them for. Seller has several if you're interested... just search Mallory 8225.

XXL Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
 Quote:
XXL,

The wires are Accel "cut-to-fit"
Rats! I'm so lazy... I was hoping for a "fits-out-of-the-box" set \:o I suppose that's what it'll take to get my wires to look as clean as you've done yours, though.

T
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
T
Thanks XXL, I have never bought anything off ebay before, so I am not in tune with that, but I guess it is never to late to start.

XXL Offline OP
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
 Quote:
I just got a set from Autozone and used one. It is adjustable to fit almost any valve cover.
I picked up this same one today... $35.xx + tax. It took about 10 minutes to install. Here are some gratuitous underhood pics.

Active BB Member
Active BB Member
Herb, I just went with the sidways carb setup because of the Offy intake. I couldn't mount it any other way cause if I used a spacer I would have hood clearance problems. I had to "dimple" the hood bracing a little just to get the GN air cleaner setup to work. Also, pulled a accelerator cable from a old Chevy Astro in the junkyard. It was long enough for my application. Hope this helps.

H
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
H
Ted thanks for your quick reply and for keeping my old rear safe! Its hard to believe were in a WAR where you can E-Mail and cell phone folks back home. I'm headed for auto zone sunday. The question re.the carb was did it work better. I have a holly 4260 with vacuum secondaries that some think starve the 3-6 where the large primaries feed the 1-3 better! I too have a hood clearence problem with my 68 camaro and have thought of using the GN snorkle with a remote air filter. Any thanks again and keep safe!! Herb

68 Camaro 250 Clifford intake headers Holly 700r4 3:08 Cruiser I.I.3241

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (41 Coupe), 289 guests, and 32 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available