Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#81446 07/08/14 10:44 AM
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
I have a 66 big block inline six (240/300). I am building a 66 Ford F100, ground up (pictures to follow soon).
Engine: 240
Block: milled
Head: surfaced, Comp valves, Comp roller rockers, Ported, polished.
Pistons: 289 Flat tops
Crank: Turned
Cam: 268H Comp
Intake: Offehauser
Exhaust: Hedman headers
Carb: Holley 600cfm
Distributer: Rebuilt with Petronics

Still going to run the 3spd trans with three on the tree, I just think its cool, plus I learned how to drive on one back in the day.

Was looking to turbo charge or supercharge the ole girl. But everything seems to have to be built from scratch. Unless you can afford the Aussie stuff. Clifford makes good parts, but no turbo or supercharger stuff, that I can see. Been watch the Aussie videos on thier Holden supercharged sixes and they are bad a$$! So my search continues, unless someone out there in cyberland and point me in the right direction.

Everyone has a V8 at the carshow...
I took a different path...The inliner path!
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Lets see those pictures. If It was mine and I wanted to keep the 3 speed I'd hunt for one of the Borg Warner T85 Overdrives. They are as close to bulletproof as you can come and the overdrive unit is the R11 version which is also strong. Ford used them at least into the 70s. It should be a bolt in. There are sites that can help with wiring. There is a way to wire in a switch that can give you OD in all three gears, handy when towing.

I'm not a Ford guy but I have deep respect for those engines. You should hear from some of those folks soon.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 224 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Skulptorchaz, Ryan Clark, chevy454, TCH54, beansprout01
6,778 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available