Become a Member
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
The '67 has nice shiny new wheels on it. So I'm selling the original five wheels with nearly brand new tires on them (without the wheel covers).

Uniroyal 195/75r14 tires & wheels, tiger paw II awp

Tires and wheels, tires purchased Aug'14 for the drive from WI to WA. One tire 0 miles, 4 tires ~3000 miles. Sorry, I'm keeping the original wheel covers. Includes my spare tire as they don't fit on the new disc brakes.

I prefer local. I tried $350 on Craigslist without a single bit. The deals are better to inliners, make me an offer.

Mark
'67 Camaro L6-250
G
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
G
Have you tried Camaros.net? There's always guys looking for 1st gen wheels there.

Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
Originally Posted By: gbauer
Have you tried Camaros.net? There's always guys looking for 1st gen wheels there.

Great suggestion Gbauer. It's been posted for months with a price drop but not even an inquiry. Same with Craigslist. If I sold the wheel covers with, it might be different, but they're going up on my garage wall.

I'll drop the price again and take them to the all Camaro show in July.

Mark

Mark
'67 Camaro L6-250
M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
Those wheels are not in demand IMO, I do not believe they will clear disc brake rotors that are stock size, most guys upgrade to disc's, & if they don't clear the rotors,, what good are they, unless you really want to keep drum brakes which are really inadequate.

I see that the tires are work some money, but not really the wheels. People look the wheels as trash, & would have to pay someone to dismount the tires in order to use them.

OK, I'm done.

Good luck w/the sale.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
Contributor
OP Offline
Contributor
At the Camaro show, a guy got really excited about the wheels as a set of "rollers". He's got a '64 Chevy that he's restoring. He says he works on it then takes it to the mechanic to fix his handiwork and was looking for some wheels to get him to/from the mechanic. He never called me back, so maybe his '64 don't fit.

I called local used tire shops, they were very uninterested, said not to bring them by.

Once a month I dropped the price down, last month was $150. I decided to dump them, so listed at $50. I got a buyer. He didn't do his homework, has a 64 Chevy (not certain which model, there was a bit of language barrier). He kept looking at the wheels and saying he's not certain if they'll work. I pointed out how good the tires were, so he bought them anyways (he tried to get me down to $40, no dice).

Do you know if '64 wheels took the same bolt pattern? I'm only curious now.

Thanks,
Mark

Mark
'67 Camaro L6-250
M
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
M
Well, like I said, they are not in high demand LOL.

The guy that bought them has a 64 Impala? Those I think might fit unless they have a 5X5 bolt pattern.

64 Nova? , those are 4 bolt pattern I believe. So, no, those will not fit.

64 Malibu, those will fit, but not if they have disc brakes.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI
C
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
C
64 Nova was the first year, for Chevy II, for the 5 X 4 3/4 bolt pattern, so they should fit 64 Nova.

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 232 guests, and 47 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available