Print Thread
Rate Thread
#85791 06/05/15 12:36 PM
S
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
S
Chevy Inline 292ci engine. This engine was a warranty replacement crate engine from General Motors. My father ran a Pontiac/GMC dealership before the economic meltdown. The dealer had the service contract for the local UPS hub back in the 80s. A UPS truck had an engine replaced with this one that I'm selling. Upon start-up a strange noise was noticed and instead of trying to find out what was wrong it was removed and replaced with another crate engine. This motor was stored, in the crate, in the corner of the dealership until it closed in 2009 and that's when I got it.

I disassembled the motor to try and locate the source of the noise. I believe it was a faulty front damper but could not verify. Engine still has factory cylinder hatching and painted dots still on the rods. Perfect engine for the hot rod guy who wants something different.

For sale is Block, head, crank, rods and pistons. No camshaft is with this motor. If you're looking for a perfect core this is it. I'll even you throw in a complete gasket set. I do hae a flywheel and bellhousing for this motor if you're interested. Starter and alt as well for additional money. This is the Hecho in Mexico block. Late 80s casting.

I found a source for flat-top standard bore cast pistons on eBay. I have never seen a core in such good shape. Crank bearing look perfect as to rod bearings. I had planned on building this for my 62 Nova with the flat tops I spoke about. New rings and bearings and you've got a solid short block. I've since been given a BB396 from a 69 Chevelle SS that I'm going to use so I need the room in my shop. Great core.

I have the ability to ship via LTL to your buisness or loading dock. Make me an offer. If you'd like pictures of anything in particular please let me know and I'll do my best to provide what you're looking for. You can email me at freeflynstl@sbcglobal.net for more info. Leave your number and I will call. I'm Andy and I live in the St. Louis, MO metro area.

Born to Lose, Live to Win
Contributor
Contributor
STL, I also live in St. Louis give me a call on your 292.

Phone 314-481-8089 home
314-842-1224 shop

Harry

Turbo-6
C
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
C
I'm also in St. Louis and interested (a different guy from the first).

Dave Armbruster
cell 314 406 5596
home 314 521 2369

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 277 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Skulptorchaz, Ryan Clark, chevy454, TCH54, beansprout01
6,778 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available