Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
1965 Chevrolet C10 fuse block/panel.

link to photo here

In the circles you can see that two of the metal clips that the glass bulb fuses snap into are missing. They have been gone since before I had the truck.

The current heater blower motor and the radio are on the same circuit, the one with the most wires coming out on the right side... and it blows. I'm guessing the replacement heater motor draws more amps than the one that was in it when I bought it.

Now the simple solution would be to move something to another circuit with less amps being drawn on it, but I'm down on options there.

Now... I'm thinking if I can find some old clips, maybe I can setup a new circuit, snap in a new glass bulb fuse and run some wires and I'm cooking with dynamite.

The top circuit missing a clip is a 12V ignition hot, the bottom circuit missing a clip is 12V always hot circuit

If that is not feasible, I am thinking of adding a small circuit block for accessories, with a relay to activate it via an ignition hot circuit. They have these at the parts stores, with 4-6 circuits... so turn key to ignition hot, 12V goes to the relay, which turns it on, which activates the juice to the additional accessory fuse block... then I can wire things separately.

I'm thinking I should put the radio and whatever else over there if I do it, leave the heater motor blower on the main panel. Hmmn.

anyway, just thought I'd run it by ya'll.

Thanks,

-W

L
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
L
I like the idea of seperate accessories

But it sounds like you have a wiring issue maybe look into why it's blowing short some where you didn't see or wasn't touching until you changed motors and mighty have moved Har ess

Josh
72 gmc lwb air ride 5 speed (soon) turbo 292 II# 6102
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
This is what I wound up doing :

add a fuse block / 7 photos

-W

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 299 guests, and 33 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Skulptorchaz, Ryan Clark, chevy454, TCH54, beansprout01
6,778 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available