Rate Thread
S
Shiny Offline OP
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
S
Eh guys,
Wondering if anyone has a line on some decent lightweight forged pop up pistons. Been loooking online and cant find much.
Tom (12bolt) had a nice set of Arias .060 over 250 with a .100 dome. Would love to find a set of them.
Any leads appreciated

-Shiny

paint is for houses,not hot rods
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
Budget pistons are tough. Finding the original factory cast 307 flat tops, or the now discontinued forged 307 flat tops, is really tough as it is. I don't know of ones that have a doom to them for even higher compression. 250 and 292 are the same bore, but you have material to deck the 292 block with, but the 250 won't stand more than what is needed to surface the block.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I used to spend lots of time studying specs for replacement pistons - usually from a V8 application. I found it to be more than a little frustrating when something was almost right for my needs but not quite. I have one engine that has V8 pistons in it - but some of them have the wrist pin offset in the wrong direction. NOISY!

Golly, I wish that engine would blow itself up so I don't have to listen to it go 'ticky-ticky' any longer.

Anymore I just order custom pistons from Diamond. Extremely high quality and delivered in two weeks.

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (stock49), 291 guests, and 35 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available