Rate Thread
#91437 02/17/17 03:17 PM
G
gbauer Offline OP
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
G
Moving to a new house so I'm selling the car to help pay for the downpayment.

Many of you have seen my car before but I'll post pics here:

33,XXX on the odometer. I believe it's true mileage but no documentation to back it.

Modifications:
  • Lowered 1.5"
  • 17" American Racing Wheels w/ 225's on the front and 255's on the back- good tread
  • Front power disc brakes- 72 Nova
  • Most bushings are new with remainder of new bushings in box
  • Offenhauser Intake
  • Holley 390 CFM carb- Needs rebuild though. Had planned on going EFI
  • Langdon split headers to a single 2.5" Flowmaster 44 dumping behind wheel
  • Mild cam
  • HEI
  • Electric pusher fan and 3 core radiator
  • New oil pump and pickup
  • 2004r Trans-May need TLC, but comes with spare Powerglide and everything to hook it up
  • Paint is from 2000- has minor chips. Evidence of some bondo- 5 footer. Not perfect but shows extremely well
  • Custom interior from around 2000 as well. While and blue leather.
  • Custom Autosound Stereo with Sony 6x9's in the back and dual voice coil front center speaker
  • Front Shoulder Belts, Rear Shoulder Belts in box not installed yet (another to-do for the spring that won't happen now)
  • Glass is all 100% original. Minor pitting but it's only original once. Door glass has vent logo from factory
  • New bumpers but originals included
  • Forever Sharp steering wheel. Original included
  • Gauge pod under radio (not shown in pics- will update)
  • 1 wire alternator- 2 years old
  • Includes about 1 quart of PPG paint, no hardener though. If you want to do some touch up it's there.
  • Sound deadened interior- Car sounds and feels really solid when driving
  • Lots of spares, etc.

PM me if interested. I have a couple things I need to mess with on the car as I was in the middle of winter maintenance when this happened. House sold a LOT faster than expected. Wanted to give you guys first shot.

I won't lie: she's not perfect but she's in solid condition and despite it being a six with the new trans the tires spin just fine. It's kind of fun showing up at a car show or meet and confusing people with it. The most common thing to hear is "That doesn't sound like a 6!". It's fun to be at a show and watch guys walking along the line of Camaros without stopping until they get about halfway past my engine bay and realize what they're looking at.

The bad:

-Acting like a vacuum leak. Might be the vac advance or something similar.
-I patched the floors 2 years ago. It's solid but my welding skills are lacking. If you're a perfectionist you'll likely want to replace with full floors.
-Passenger side door shows evidence of a previous dent that was pulled back in the day when nobody cared about these cars. It was straightened and has a thin coat of bondo. No cracking, however. Just something to note.
-Needs new carpet or stain existing. Original to the car so I didn't touch it but if you want a perfect show car you'll need to address.

I've put a ton of effort and time into this over the past 4 years. I probably have close to 24k in it now. I didn't keep receipts or anything because I intended to keep the car but life changes and here I am.

If the buyer is local I'll even help work on it if you get into a project down the road. The caveat is I get to ride in it again. As I said: she's my baby and I don't want to lose her but my priority is getting my kids into a house with a bigger yard and better schools.

Some of the trophies:

First place in mild modified at Camaro Nations 2 years ago. Second place last year. Participant judging, not the nit-pickers, though. Couple wins at the Maryland Chevy Show, and a couple local show trophies that I happened to enter. I think there were only 2 shows I entered where I didn't walk away with a trophy or plaque. It was always just a fun family cruiser and not a true show car. Just something I could be proud of without keeping it hermetically sealed.

G
gbauer Offline OP
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
G
Toyed around with the carb this weekend. Also replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump. I think it was just dirty because now she's running great.

G
gbauer Offline OP
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
G
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Chevrolet-Camaro-/162412371565?forcerrptr=true&hash=item25d0881e6d:g:Rv4AAOSwax5YtKah&item=162412371565

Put it on Ebay

G
gbauer Offline OP
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
G
Relisted. Had a private sale fall through.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1968-Chevrolet-Camaro-/162420080868?hash=item25d0fdc0e4:g:3fYAAOSwuxFYvJRG&vxp=mtr

Replaced the body bushings and re-adjusted the shifter linkage yesterday. She's solid as can be.

Last edited by gbauer; 03/06/17 11:06 AM.
G
gbauer Offline OP
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
G
Sold. Sadly.

I didn't want to sell it but I wanted a new house more than the old car.

Contributor
Contributor
Sorry to hear about selling the car, it was a really awesome machine!

Mark

Mark
'67 Camaro L6-250
G
gbauer Offline OP
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
G
Originally Posted By: mshaw230
Sorry to hear about selling the car, it was a really awesome machine!

Mark

Thanks Mark.

I'll live the dream through watching yours get built from afar.

That said getting into a new house with more land and better schools is far more important to me at this point than the car was. In a couple years I'll get a new toy.

T
Contributor
Contributor
T
Sorry you had to let it go, but if it means a better life I suppose I can understand. wink I'd be a wreck if I ever had to let any of my trucks go. But, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Hope to see a future project soon!

1966 C10 292/tko600 http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=596643
1964 C20 292/sm420

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 154 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
trustedmedications20, Jsmay101, Paul Mahony, KeithB, Steve83
6,783 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available