Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
D
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
D
Looking to source some rockers for my 250 I am building. I have come up with Comp Cams 1629

Does anyone have experience fitting these under a stock valve cover?

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I had to look those up. 1.7 ratio for 3/8 stud.
First you will have trouble getting them to fit under a stock VC. You may get it done by bulging the front and rear of the VC with a ball peen hammer and some time. The internal baffles will need to be removed.

One more thing about the 3/8 rocker studs and roller rockers. The bolt boss will likely hit the bottom of the roller rockers. It is best to pull the studs and machine the boss's down and thread for screw in studs. 7/16

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

Major Contributor
Major Contributor
Loosing lift too, going from stock 1.75:1 to 1.7:1. Assuming the factory specs are accurate, which they tend to be optimistic.

D
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
D
Thanks for the input. Are there any options for anything other than a stock stamped rocker that will fit under the stock cover? I'm not doing much with this engine but would like to make things better where I can.
So far I have the lumps with the larger valves and going 60 over with 307 pistons

Major Contributor
Major Contributor
Originally Posted By: Define_Normal
Thanks for the input. Are there any options for anything other than a stock stamped rocker that will fit under the stock cover? I'm not doing much with this engine but would like to make things better where I can.
So far I have the lumps with the larger valves and going 60 over with 307 pistons

Nice that you found the 307 pistons. Yeah, I don't know of a rocker upgrade without also sinking a good chunk of cash into a new valve cover. Would like to be able to do the same too. Keeping it low buck.

D
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
D
The only pistons I could find were the sealed power 295p. They have the chamfer around the edge though but it's not really that big.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
There is a valve cover spacer available....

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
Major Contributor
Major Contributor
Originally Posted By: Define_Normal
The only pistons I could find were the sealed power 295p. They have the chamfer around the edge though but it's not really that big.

Ah, I thought you meant the stock factory 307 pistons. Then you don't have much compression other than what you could gain off decking the head.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 325 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Skulptorchaz, Ryan Clark, chevy454, TCH54, beansprout01
6,778 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available