Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
The Last Logghe in Nostalgia Comp Eliminator:

https://youtu.be/lG6tOzJHOdw

FORD 300 inline six - THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN DRAG RACING!
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Simply Awesome Greg! Congratulations to you. Felt like I was there when I watched the video.

Inliner Member 1716
65 Chevelle Wagon and 41 Hudson Pickup
Information and parts www.12bolt.com

M
Contributor
Contributor
M
Man, that was cool!

B
Contributor
Contributor
B
Have you ever had it classed?? I'd like to know what it would be in NHRA Comp. Eliminator!

Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Econo Altered, the actual class would depend on cubic inch. We ran D/Dragster in Comp Eliminator with a 301 engine. So it could be D/EA with a like engine size.

Class III CNC Machinist/Programmer
B
Contributor
Contributor
B
Been out of it for a while. There was no real "Econo" in the econo classes back then! I remember a couple of guys running Comp Eliminator and they'd flip back and forth between Dragster and Econo Dragster depending on what engine and transmission they had ready to go at the time!!

1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
I ran it for a few races in the early '80s with a 240 short block and a 650 Holley double pumper as a D/ED at IHRA races. It ran under the D/ED index and I think IHRA did not like that so the next year their rule book said D/ED must have a wheelbase longer than 125" - the max allowed in the Altered classes, effectively outlawing my 110" car as an Econo Dragster. That was the second of three times they have outlawed my car (the third coming when I tried to run my roadster pickup truck as a Super Street 10.90 car) so I said "i'm done with IHRA and class racing."

Last edited by THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER; 09/28/17 11:53 PM.

B
Contributor
Contributor
B
Originally Posted By: THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
I ran it for a few races in the early '80s with a 240 short block and a 650 Holley double pumper as a D/ED at IHRA races. It ran under the D/ED index and I think IHRA did not like that so the next year their rule book said D/ED must have a wheelbase longer than 125" - the max allowed in the Altered classes, effectively outlawing my 110" car as an Econo Dragster. That was the second of three times they have outlawed my car (the third coming when I tried to run my roadster pickup truck as a Super Street 10.90 car) so I said "i'm done with IHRA and class racing."

YESSIR!! Those folks will take that pencil to ya' in a heartbeat!!

1000 Post Club
OP Offline
1000 Post Club
I ended my 2017 racing season last Friday night in the Last Logghe altered. After my successful outing a couple weeks ago in Nostalgia Comp I decided to enter the monthly Heads Up! night race. It was my first time racing at one of these hugely popular Heads Up! series. I entered in the Open Comp class - no electronics, .500 Pro tree, qualify off your reaction time, dial-in assigned for the evening as 1/10 faster than your quickest of two qualifying passes. 71 cars trying for a spot in the 56 car qualified field. On my second pass I had a .007 light, ran a 10.51 (lifting) and that put me in the show at number 12 qualifier with a 10.41 dial-in assigned. Ran dead on 10.41 first round, won a couple of rounds, lost in the third, won back my $50 entry fee. What fun.

I know I took some flak from some by deciding to update it to current safety specs and other mods instead of making it a restored, as-purchased original. But in the course of racing it these last few years many folks have thanked me for putting it back on the track and letting them remember what these cars were like. It pleases and surprises me to see how many people remember the names of Ron and Gene Logghe, Chuck Kurzawa, Al Bergler - all craftsmen associated with its construction. Purists love the original inline six.

Post race leak-down and compression checks showed everything good and ready to go next season so it gets winterized and put back in storage 'til spring.

B
Contributor
Contributor
B
Great job!! Yeah!! Those old names bring back lots of memories!!

Moderated by  stock49, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 207 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Skulptorchaz, Ryan Clark, chevy454, TCH54, beansprout01
6,778 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available