Print Thread
Rate Thread
#93398 02/13/18 08:03 PM
M
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
M
Looking for a dual carb manifold, carbs & linkage for a 235 Chevy. I see bits and pieces on ebay, but would like to buy a package priced right. Engine will have a mild cam and I have headers on it already. Thanks in advance for replies.

M
Contributor
Contributor
M
Get your self a 2X1 intake on eBay. Any brand will work. There are quite a few for sale on eBay right now, a Ellis, offy, edelbrock, thickson, and a cool dogbone style to name a few currently up for sale. I prefer a Weiand if you can find one but they will all work. Purchase a pair of adapters that will bolt a pair of 1974 ford pinto 5200 Holley Weber’s. Go to rock autos website and purchase a pair of said pinto carbs. Build some linkage (eBay for parts and pieces) or see tom Langdon at stovebolt engine company and see if he still has linkage kits. Make up a plate for the bottom of the intake so you can plumb a hot water line to and from the thermostat (Langdon may have a spacer for the therm housing to do this). Plumb your fuel lines. Get a pair of Langdon’s aluminum air cleaners. Bolt it on, plumb it up, and final adjustments. Have a ball!

Last edited by mdonohue05; 02/13/18 10:42 PM.
M
Active BB Member
OP Offline
Active BB Member
M
thanks for the advice

M
Contributor
Contributor
M
unfortunately, there are not that many complete set ups for sale and if they are complete, they will usually need rebuilding or refreshing and almost always at top dollar. so you might as well get the set up you want.

for an alternative, but not cheap, clifford sells a 2x2 intake with the carbs (38 mm weber DGEVs)installed, linkage installed, comes with air cleaners and a fuel regulator. The intake is already cast with a hot water chamber. I ran a weiand with the ford pinto carbs for 20 years or better. Moved up to the clifford two years ago. Its a big difference.

Last edited by mdonohue05; 02/14/18 11:10 AM.
J
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
J
Originally Posted By: mdonohue05
unfortunately, there are not that many complete set ups for sale and if they are complete, they will usually need rebuilding or refreshing and almost always at top dollar. so you might as well get the set up you want.
X2 on top dollar for used and worn out! I watch the chevy 6 items and used performance parts always bring near new cost and sometimes more! brand new European webers are less than $250.00 each, another $100.00 for adaptors and linkage. holley/webers are well under $200.00.

M
Contributor
Contributor
M
yep, Rock Auto sells the holley/Weber 5200 (1974 Ford Pinto manual trans. has a threaded fuel inlet) for 150 rebuilt. I purchased a pair of them to replace the decades old 5200s that were on the manifold for my weiand set up in 2013. Bolted them on and they ran right out of the box. A very good set up for a 235.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 314 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Skulptorchaz, Ryan Clark, chevy454, TCH54, beansprout01
6,778 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available