Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Almost all of my pictures here went away when Picasa (Google) did the same thing. The pics are still there but not where I posted them. The HAMB apparently does it's own hosting. You can post there from your desktop. That would be a good feature for the new website. Thanks for the ISP tip.

I tried to post in the HAMB about inline Chevy's before I found this forum.....they yelled at me. frown

B
Contributor
Contributor
B
Originally Posted By: Lifeguard
Almost all of my pictures here went away when Picasa (Google) did the same thing. The pics are still there but not where I posted them. The HAMB apparently does it's own hosting. You can post there from your desktop. That would be a good feature for the new website. Thanks for the ISP tip.

I tried to post in the HAMB about inline Chevy's before I found this forum.....they yelled at me. frown

They treat Rat Rodders the same way!! I figure that if I'm dragging a rusty old hulk out of the weeds and putting it back to running and driving, regardless of how I decide to present it, I'm keeping one more cool old car from a date with the crusher!!

I've done restorations and customs when there was enough car or truck left to justify the effort. My current project is too butchered up and rusted out to even consider such a task, but it's STILL a cool little ride and it's safe and solid and completely roadworthy!!

Apparently, they don't feel the same way!! I just don't get it!!

Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary
1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Yes, Sorry I forgot about the post'67-'69 Taboo. With Ryan's goal of keeping to "traditional-period correctness" he had to set a date for when traditional hot rodding ended. Evidently it was January 1, 1970. wink He and the moderators there can get down right anal about it. If you describe your 250 as a '68 you are cool and even praised for not having a cookie cutter 350-350 combo, but let them know your 250 is in a '78 your are a sinner. You can even get accused of disrespecting Ryan by his decibels. There are cars there with Jag rear ends and Camero or Mustang clips that are accepted if it's a friend's car or they think it's close enough. Generally they let you run any trans or rear end and engines that there was a version of before the dooms day date. Yes Rats are out too unless you claim it's being unratted or under construction and never say rat in a good way. That said if you play the game and follow the rules it's a great site with tons of information and lot of good people. It's Ryan's site and he has the right to make the rules. He works very hard to maintain it and It is the best old hot rod site I know of.
So, Here is the thread waiting for your pictures. It is still current so show a shot or two of the rear bolt pattern to look like you are part of what they are talking about. Tell them it's in a '60s car or don't mention a year at all. Then post the pictures you want to show us. Post a link here or we can just use this one. I'm sure our new website will be more user friendly for posting pictures. laugh
HAMB

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
New website? The inliners website?

Yeah, I found this site after that and got all the technical info I needed to plan my 250 mods to retain the original engine but still make improvements.

T
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
T
Originally Posted By: Lifeguard
New website? The inliners website?

Yeah, I found this site after that and got all the technical info I needed to plan my 250 mods to retain the original engine but still make improvements.

I'm confused? What new website?

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
We have been promised for several years that this website is getting an up date. You can probably get more information on the Inliners Facebook page. They ignore us here. Be careful thought you may be talking with Russians trying to influence the hot rod culture.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain
Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
We have been promised for several years that this website is getting an up date. You can probably get more information on the Inliners Facebook page. They ignore us here. Be careful thought you may be talking with Russians trying to influence the hot rod culture.

I don't have a FaceBook. I have both seats out of the Camaro to try to Evapo-rust the sliding tracks so I can break them free and grease them. So the Camaro isn't moving out of the garage at this point until I can get those back in. When I get them back in and the wheels back on, I can get it out for a bath and get some new updated pics of it to post in a new thread.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
I've used Evapo-rust and like it. Waiting for the pictures.

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
I've used Evapo-rust and like it. Waiting for the pictures.

Slow going here. Every time I think i got something done on it, I either have to redo it or it leads to another issue. Brakes are a bit of issue right now. Doing as much as I can every day, just plugging away at it.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
The progress of my projects is not even noticeable to anyone but me and sometimes I miss it.

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
The progress of my projects is not even noticeable to anyone but me and sometimes I miss it.

For me it's rolling along at breakneck speed here after I spent a year winding up my summer business with all my time which took all my energy. And then my doctor tested my vitamin D with type 1 diabetes and it hadn't improved at all, so he put me on 5000iu which made a world of difference. So much more energy and endurance, vit D level is actually correlated with fatigue. So every warm day I've had, I've been out in the garage or working on the yard here.

1000 Post Club
1000 Post Club
Good for you keep at it!

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
Good for you keep at it!

Definitely brake issues, the passenger front piston won't go in, so don't know yet if it's a bad caliper or a flex brake line that has become one way? Out of money either way, so that's going to add some more days before it can be moved out of the garage.

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
Going to get DOT 3 brake fluid tomorrow and flush the brake fluid this weekend, but looks like the front calipers are too badly corroded and I need to trade them in as cores. Not sure how the rear wheel cylinders are, one was dragging and I spun the adjuster and released it. Maybe I should just replace them too, so I know all four corners are taken care of? I was already getting in there to replace parking brake cables anyway. Will have to wait on a payday to get all those parts before I can move the Camaro out of the garage.

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
As long as I had the front brakes apart and bearings out, I decided to clean stuff up and paint it. But I should have the fluid flushed and everything together on Wednesday. Unfortunately one of the seat tracks to the driver seat had the foot break off while taking it apart, so I have no driver's seat until I have someone weld that back on. frown So even after getting it on the garage floor, I can't drive it out to set the timing and then give it a bath. Always something little holding me up.

Major Contributor
OP Offline
Major Contributor
I had to wait on parking brake parts to finish up my brakes, and my seasonal allergies have slowed me down. So I'm just getting around to finishing the brakes off so I can drive the Camaro out of the garage and start on the next phase of timing it.

Since I had the driver's seat out to fix the tracks and the rusty parking brake cable out, I decided to install my new radio, speaker, and tachometer while I was working under there so that has taken more time too. But will definitely increase the fun to drive now.

Since I really haven't started this as an L6 performance build yet, just an overall restoration. I'm going to just start a start another thread in the engines thread to just go over what I've done to it so far and how I optimized the stock setup for now.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 325 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Skulptorchaz, Ryan Clark, chevy454, TCH54, beansprout01
6,778 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available