Print Thread
Rate Thread
H
Hof Offline OP
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
H
I recently acquired a chevy 292 (supposedly out of a 1966 truck, camper special). And, it was missing the head intake/exhaust studs, nuts and washers. I cannot locate these. My understanding is that the washers are cupped. Does anyone have part numbers and a place to purchase them.
Thanks in advance.

M
Contributor
Contributor
M
My stock 292 in the shop has 2 studs, 2nd and 5th. the rest are bolts. They don't have washers they have little rocker arms for lack of a better word. I probably have a set off a 250, same head if they will work. I'll even blast them for you if you need them. I probably have some manifolds around, also 250 if you need them. No charge just let me know if you need them or anything else I might have laying around. I buy 250's and just keep the heads. I have a few laying around. Hope this helps.

J
Active BB Member
Active BB Member
J
never thought about it but they do look like rocker arms. I put all studs, no bolts on mine. 2 center studs is probably fine for stock intake and exhaust bolted together but much easier to install both exhaust headers/manifolds and intake with them hanging on studs.

H
Hof Offline OP
Newcomer
OP Offline
Newcomer
H
Thanks for the info and offer. It turns out I have a 216 out of the '47 chev I'm working on. And, it appears to have the 'little rocker arms' that you elude to. At first glance it doesn't look like they'll work. But, I'll give them a try.

Moderated by  stock49, Twisted6, will6er 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (LAROKE), 302 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Skulptorchaz, Ryan Clark, chevy454, TCH54, beansprout01
6,778 Registered Users
Sponsored Advertisement
Sponsored Advertisement
This Space is Available